Import Tax

ozzball

Still Fresh
How would I know how much the import tax costs from Hong Kong to Sweden?

If you are ordering from Lik Sang (I assume from your "Hong Kong" reference), you usually have no import tax because lik sang puts the "Value" of the product to under the minimum amount that import taxes will take from (40ish USD) Even my GP32 that cost me $200 was put at a value of $40 so it would go through customs without import taxes. Very nice of them...not to legal I think (on their part, not yours)...but nice all the same :) I didnt even notice this until someone on these fourms made a point about it, then I looked on my customs form on the box, and sure enough :)

get it from GBAX.com..
I got it from play asia and I paid more than 100$ for tax.

(if you got it from gbax which is located in UK I guess, you won't have to pay for tax, you are all in European Union right?)

yepp thats true, but gbax doesnt have gp 32 FLU (133mhz) anymore so i cant order it from there, thanx for the advice anyways :)

Akuma no Houkon posted on Apr 13 2004 at 02:32 PM said:
If you are ordering from Lik Sang (I assume from your "Hong Kong" reference), you usually have no import tax because lik sang puts the "Value" of the product to under the minimum amount that import taxes will take from (40ish USD) Even my GP32 that cost me $200 was put at a value of $40 so it would go through customs without import taxes. Very nice of them...not to legal I think (on their part, not yours)...but nice all the same :) I didnt even notice this until someone on these fourms made a point about it, then I looked on my customs form on the box, and sure enough :)
They did not on mine. I paid. A lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Arda posted on Apr 13 2004 at 06:49 AM said:
get it from GBAX.com..
I got it from play asia and I paid more than 100$ for tax.

(if you got it from gbax which is located in UK I guess, you won't have to pay for tax, you are all in European Union right?)
I didn't have to pay any import tax when I bought mine from Play-Asia.

Last edited by a moderator:
They reason a lot of people are paying tax is they chose to have it sent via UPS. UPS as a rule will inspect all parcels and charge the necessary tax. Have it shipped via standard airmail or parcel post and you will generally get away with not paying any import tax.

Back