I'm Sorry But...

^ No power management in the world will increase battery life when doing brute force emulation. The only thing that helps then is a higher capacity battery ;)

mali said:
^ No power management in the world will increase battery life when doing brute force emulation. The only thing that helps then is a higher capacity battery ;)

AHEM...

mr_fusion.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
mali said:

Really? After all, rendering loads of stuff and roaming around empty rooms are different scenarios CPU-wise so I guess it could work along with power management in mind (thus, under/over-clocking on demand) but then I´m a noob regarding dev-stuff as I don´t know how difficult would it be to be implemented and no idea about the inner workings of high-profile emulators like Mupen64 :p
(Exophase, I summon you! XDD)

The n900 gets at least 12 hours of normal use with wifi on. It runs Maemo 5 a full open source OS, with a large community of developers.

linc186 said:
Atleast do some research... Jesus...

linc186 said:
Why do people drop the pandora for the god damn n900? Okay yes same processor..... Great. That doesn't define the whole device . The n900 is lacking a full OS, dedicated gaming controls... BUTTONS!, open sourceness, 5.4 inch screen, USB ports, 10+ hours of battery life, a thriving community of friendly developers, etc. So you've got the processor, .... But absolutely nothing else. Is it just me...... Or does the n900 in the same league as the pandora.... Or completely un comparable. I'm sorry, but I saw some idiot on eBay sell a brand new just opened pandora and in the description he said that it just cane that day but he doesn't need it because he got an n900 which has the same processor. That got me flared.... Atleast do some research... Jesus...

n900x.jpg

Khan said:
linc186 said:
The n900 is lacking a full OS, dedicated gaming controls... BUTTONS!

I´m sorry but...

By the way, wasn´t power management in N900 (including under/over-clocking on demand) efficient enough to make up for its poor battery? (1320 mAh)
those arn't dedicated :p

^ And to be honest - No shoulder buttons, not enough buttons, and those "buttons" don't exactly feel like buttons, either.

That game gripper would definitely make gaming easier, but it wouldn't really solve main issue I have with gaming on the n900, which is that the controls are just too cramped.

I have long fingers, though. I can't use a normal Gamecube controller for more than an hour or so.

That said, I'm probably still going to get one.

Yannick said:
If the N900 didn't cost 480 € (600 something dollars) i would have bought one already
But i can't say it replaces the pandora, it overlaps.

Newegg has them for $420 shipped. I'm guessing they probably don't sell to where you live, but it seems like you should be able to find a comparable price if you shop around. I actually paid $360 for mine, very slightly used.

Back