I'm making a Sonic game for the PC

IT'S ALIVE

Man its amazing what being bored at your parents can make you do, Dr kintobors Laboratory is around 30% complete and the floating island emerald chamber is begining to take shape.

First level screenshot

Here is a screenshot of the fridge in the lab, textures are a little weak at the moment, and lighting is harsh because I can't be bothered to fully compile the map.

Of course this shot resembles nothing to do with sonic, but trust me it will come....

if it helps, i have the soundtrack cd from the sonic adventure 2 2 days only hyper special edition ;)
great project....btw if you decide to give up (i sure hope you wont)
just dont throw it away and delete everything.
thats it for now...cant really help with design or sthg. ....my 3d modelling skills are not much more than not present....

Nilsiboy posted on Apr 5 2005 said:
if it helps, i have the soundtrack cd from the sonic adventure 2 2 days only hyper special edition ;)
great project....btw if you decide to give up (i sure hope you wont)
just dont throw it away and delete everything.
thats it for now...cant really help with design or sthg. ....my 3d modelling skills are not much more than not present....

I too have that CD :D but thanx anyway...besides, I wouldn't dare tarnish this with anything post sega saturn!!, I won't give up, now that I've got the hang of the development program I'm kinda on a roll, thats my biggest problem when it comes to things like this, if I hit a wall I just give up, this time I've been working my way around stuff and I'm actually getting somewhere.

This may be the biggest bump in GP32x history.
Stay tuned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Twimfy posted on Jul 6 2003 said:
seth posted on Jul 6 2003 said:
*looks around* ......... *cough*copyrights dude *cough*

*whsitles off*
As long as I don't sell it there is bugger all they can do.

if that were true then p2p would be legal. If you distribute copyrighted material (music specifically at the moment) then they have grounds to take you to court.

On a more positive note, this project sounds really cool, I hope it emerges one day!

Yeah, it's illegal to distribute the music from the OSTs; the rest I think is legal. Or at least, they're unlikely to care. Other Sonic fangames have gone on unaffected.

i hope the game is comming along well!!!! cant wait until it is released(hopefully soon ;) ) but probable not.

this game is going to rock!!!!!!:)

markusdragon posted on Apr 7 2005 said:
Actually, SEGA can slap him with a cease and desist, but it's not likely.

Like how square got rid of the 3D chrono trigger remake project. Now there's another reason for me to hate square.
Yes, that Chrono Trigger thing was bad, but it may mean they're making a new version of Chrono Trigger?
Anyway, You can't hate Square!!!! They're the best game company out there!!

Anyway, back on topic. My friend says he would like to help, and he has most of those comics, talk to him on MSN if you like, his address is: Dooblegem@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks, Goity I'll add his name to the few others who have offered.

To be honest I couldn't care less what sega say if they ever catch word, I don't intend to sell it, and if they demanded I remove it from public existence I would carry on making it for myself anyway.

As for updates on this, I have a friend down from Newcastle for a week, so until he's gone I won't be working on it for a while.

Twimfy posted on Apr 18 2004 said:
No but thanks for the offer. I am using a combo of remastered tracks and mostly music from my CD collection.

Rico posted on Apr 6 2005 said:
Yeah, it's illegal to distribute the music from the OSTs; the rest I think is legal. Or at least, they're unlikely to care. Other Sonic fangames have gone on unaffected.

I was refering to that line really.

Any progress?

Ah...I should read things more carefully :) I'm gonna use the odd track here and there, but if anyone has a problem with that I can easily remove it, besides i should just concentrate more on making the actual game first anyway.

Hundreds of flash cartoons sit on newgrounds right now with music content I bet they never asked permission for.

Actually that chrono trigger project was never meant to be complete, it was just a tech demo using the chrono trigger name/franchise to draw oohs and ahhs more than "Just another tech demo" would.

I still hate square's overbearing attitude though. And "Square-Enix" is a laughing stock of what square AND enix used to be.

Twimfy posted on Apr 7 2005 said:
I'm gonna use the odd track here and there, but if anyone has a problem with that I can easily remove it, besides i should just concentrate more on making the actual game first anyway.

Hundreds of flash cartoons sit on newgrounds right now with music content I bet they never asked permission for.

True, I very much doubt that you'd ever get in trouble with anyone over the music you use in this game, as its so niche. I was just pointing out that you might

:)

Back