Im Buying A Gp32

dookie4fun

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
all i need is a good working gp32. I dont need cords or games or smc cards, just a gaurantee that it will work. make me a offer plz

dookie4fun posted on Sep 22 2004 at 12:18 AM said:
all i need is a good working gp32. I dont need cords or games or smc cards, just a gaurantee that it will work. make me a offer plz

GP32 is Useless without:

SMC cards: What are you gonna put the games on.
CORDS: You need a USB cord or you can't put anything on the SMC.

You cannot get a warranty on a used one (atleast, I wouldn't try).

Now I starting to wonder if you even know what a gp32 is...

Or maybe you mean that you need to replace your old one and you have the
cables and stuff. In that case, you should have said that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blah posted on Oct 1 2004 at 07:19 PM said:
dookie4fun posted on Sep 22 2004 at 12:18 AM said:
all  i need is a good  working gp32. I dont need cords or games or smc cards, just a gaurantee that it will work. make me a offer plz

GP32 is Useless without:

SMC cards: What are you gonna put the games on.
CORDS: You need a USB cord or you can't put anything on the SMC.

You cannot get a warranty on a used one (atleast, I wouldn't try).

Now I starting to wonder if you even know what a gp32 is...

Or maybe you mean that you need to replace your old one and you have the
cables and stuff. In that case, you should have said that.

......thanks

Well, you do need the cord. Otherwise, you will not be able to properly format the SMCs so that you can then upload games (then you can use a card reader). Yeah, you need SMCs, obviously, but I'm assuming you either have some or will buy from the store.

As for getting a GP32, I recommend either gbax.com or liksang.com. Personally, I bought mine off of Lik-Sang. At GBAX you can be promised a GP running at a high overclock, but my model from Lik-Sang already did.. guess I was lucky. Anyway, those two are sure bets. You could also try eBay, but I don't generally trust pre-owned hardware...

Oh yeah, and more than likely a GP32 you buy (new or used) will come with the cord you need...

shinneri posted on Oct 2 2004 at 04:05 AM said:
Well, you do need the cord. Otherwise, you will not be able to properly format the SMCs so that you can then upload games (then you can use a card reader). Yeah, you need SMCs, obviously, but I'm assuming you either have some or will buy from the store.

As for getting a GP32, I recommend either gbax.com or liksang.com. Personally, I bought mine off of Lik-Sang. At GBAX you can be promised a GP running at a high overclock, but my model from Lik-Sang already did.. guess I was lucky. Anyway, those two are sure bets. You could also try eBay, but I don't generally trust pre-owned hardware...

Oh yeah, and more than likely a GP32 you buy (new or used) will come with the cord you need...

I have never used the cord for mine. I just use a card reader which is faster/easier anyway. Never had to format either, SMCs come pre-formatted.

DaveC posted on Oct 2 2004 at 04:21 AM said:
Well, you do need the cord.  Otherwise, you will not be able to properly format the SMCs so that you can then upload games (then you can use a card reader).  Yeah, you need SMCs, obviously, but I'm assuming you either have some or will buy from the store.

As for getting a GP32, I recommend either gbax.com or liksang.com.  Personally, I bought mine off of Lik-Sang.  At GBAX you can be promised a GP running at a high overclock, but my model from Lik-Sang already did..  guess I was lucky.  Anyway, those two are sure bets.  You could also try eBay, but I don't generally trust pre-owned hardware...

I have never used the cord for mine. I just use a card reader which is faster/easier anyway. Never had to format either, SMCs come pre-formatted.

So do you create the folders (GAME, GPMM, MP3, etc) manually or do you just not need them?

shinneri posted on Oct 7 2004 at 11:35 PM said:
DaveC posted on Oct 2 2004 at 04:21 AM said:
Well, you do need the cord.  Otherwise, you will not be able to properly format the SMCs so that you can then upload games (then you can use a card reader).  Yeah, you need SMCs, obviously, but I'm assuming you either have some or will buy from the store.

As for getting a GP32, I recommend either gbax.com or liksang.com.  Personally, I bought mine off of Lik-Sang.  At GBAX you can be promised a GP running at a high overclock, but my model from Lik-Sang already did..  guess I was lucky.  Anyway, those two are sure bets.  You could also try eBay, but I don't generally trust pre-owned hardware...

So do you create the folders (GAME, GPMM, MP3, etc) manually or do you just not need them?
Formatting using windows and making the folders does not work you need the USB cable or fromatting with firmware on the GP32

Would everyone please stop quoting everyone else. :angry:

It makes for to much page loading. <_<

"Formatting using windows and making the folders does not work you need the USB cable or fromatting with firmware on the GP32"

I never had to format, cards come formatted. I create folders all of the time through windows and never had a problem on my 6 SMCs.

DaveC posted on Oct 8 2004 at 03:11 AM said:
I never had to format, cards come formatted. I create folders all of the time through windows and never had a problem on my 6 SMCs.

I keep hearing people say this... but it has never worked for me and I have tried it with each of my 6 smcs... :blink:

no biggie... just curious why it could work on some gps/smcs and not others...

@DaveC do you use WinXP?

if you buy a gp32 thats flashed with aquafish or slubman then you dont need the cable since pacrom and slubman's firmware both have a format tool. i use my cable to use the joypad prog to play gba emulation (and i dont know if i can play gba on the keyboard ever again ;) ) Other than that... ya the link is useless cause readers are so much faster

Back