If i were to visit Germany... What would you do?

omg shut up, i LOVE Döner Kebabs so damn much. i miss them incredibly. theyre nowhere to be found in my area. Gyros EVERYWHERE, not a single Döner
hehe. Coincidentally, I experimented with the turkish cuisine just today and the results were so good/delicious that I wrote down the recipe. It was not exactly Döner but sth very similar. For Döner, you just need a lot more beef, and there are some tricks that involve saran wrap and a deep freezer. I can PM you the recipe, if you want.

I like vegan arab cuisine.

Makali is awesome, btw.

You can get food from all over the world at a good quality for a very low price here in eastern Berlin.

4-5€ for a good Indian meal with an awesome soup before f.e.,

authentical stonebaked Italian Pizza for 3,80€ from fresh made dough (and a less authentical one for 2,50€),

Makali/Halloumi/Falafel/Schawarma etc... for 3,00€,

Sushi of all kinds at a low price because so many asians serve it here, etc...

All those immigrants bring their delicious food here, I just wish they could speak proper German more often at least after a few years living here. ^^°

What you can not see here most of the time as a tourist is German culture, though,

you have to go to less populated areas for this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rent a motorbike and experience doing 120mph on an autobahn only to have a BMW approach rapidly from behind flashing it's lights to make you move over, slowcoach.

That was what I did around 20 years ago. About half a mile later he was embedded in the back of a Merc as I passed!

Yes, mind that the highways here are quite dangerous because of the lack of speed limits.

This may not have changed here in the last 20 years.

Nice story with the folded BMW though, nearly all of them are absurdly rich total douchebags that like to hunt down bicyclist in the citys.

What Americans are their Guns, it's the germans their Cars.  :D  And it's more likely that the US get's harder gun restrictions than Germany ever does anything against general Speed Limits onto Highways. 

Foreign Visitors should know that there are of course Speed Limits onto german Autobahns but not a GENERAL limit. Of course there are so many construction areas and Speed Limit zones and general traffic though that you can barely push the pedal to the metal.

And not everyone has a fast car here of course. I don't have a car at all. It's also somehow funny that the USA has so huge and powerful Cars but nobody can drive them out because of these ridiculous low speed limits onto their Highways. For what an 8 Litre V8 if you only can dive ~130km/h with that Car?   :rolleyes:

Certainly used to be the case that big American cars didn't consume so much petrol to go fast, more to make a good noise.  Gas is so cheap over there that it's not worth spending the money to make a more efficient engine too.

C'mon americans, lets show off all our V8 8L cars! woohoo!.....did i miss a meeting of these cars? everyones driving matchbox hondas and toyotas around here

Well this 'merican has a small Subaru.. The AWD is handy for hilly roads and such in the winter time..

I have a 6 Zylinder 6 Liter Unimog, dos this also count??

Also used the German Autobahn whit this Unimog, but only got 80 Km per Hour..

i think, in the normal live there isnt much diferent between whe germans and other peaple on the Eahrt..

Except the language:

http://youtu.be/-_xUIDRxdmc

http://youtu.be/1YQAYEmwBvs

http://youtu.be/hDWw_0deJ3c

C'mon americans, lets show off all our V8 8L cars! woohoo!.....did i miss a meeting of these cars? everyones driving matchbox hondas and toyotas around here
Then you must live in Europe...or maybe Japan. ;)

Ok, maybe I just watched to much TV Shows like "Street Customs", Pimp my Ride" or "American Chopper" (these Choppers would be so street-illegal here in germany by the way XD ). But in USA, where a V8 5 L Motor counts as "SMALL Block", there are definitly the bigger cars compared to Europe. Oh, and I like them.  :D  So great classic (Muscle) Cars, all that Chrome, beautiful lines and curves, big Motors. Compared to this, we only had boring cars here in Europe imho. At least in the affordable price range.

So enjoy your cheap gasoline and cheap, powerful cars, as long as possible. But be sure the time will come where you also will pay 1,60€ per litre gasoline. And thats easily over 8 Dollar per US gallon, happy tanking. ^^

Then you must live in Europe...or maybe Japan. ;)

Ok, maybe I just watched to much TV Shows like "Street Customs", Pimp my Ride" or "American Chopper" (these Choppers would be so street-illegal here in germany by the way XD ). But in USA, where a V8 5 L Motor counts as "SMALL Block", there are definitly the bigger cars compared to Europe. Oh, and I like them.  :D  So great classic (Muscle) Cars, all that Chrome, beautiful lines and curves, big Motors. Compared to this, we only had boring cars here in Europe imho. At least in the affordable price range.

So enjoy your cheap gasoline and cheap, powerful cars, as long as possible. But be sure the time will come where you also will pay 1,60€ per litre gasoline. And thats easily over 8 Dollar per US gallon, happy tanking. ^^
you know that car that Xzibit find that someone owns? thats what america drives.....it makes about as much sense as me thinking that everyone in germany drives McLarens, and british only driving Bentleys, 

So great classic (Muscle) Cars, all that Chrome, beautiful lines and curves, big Motors. Compared to this, we only had boring cars here in Europe imho. At least in the affordable price range.
So enjoy your cheap gasoline and cheap, powerful cars, as long as possible.
Who cares for the environment? <_<

Eh, McLaren is a British company. Perhaps you meant BMW or Mercedes (but then that almost seems true sometimes)?
German engine though! Wasn't it the (late) boss of BMW who took delivery of one of the first F1s, and promptly wrapped it around a tree?

Yeah, Merc engines at present for their F1 cars - though I think they're switching to Honda this year or next.

In their road cars they've used BMW engines in the F1 road car and then partnered with Mercedes for their SLR, but since the 12C have been using English engines in their cars. Not heard about the German with an F1 - the only F1 owner I know of is Rowan Atkinson. He did wrap his around a tree, though knowing that car I can imagine a few of them ended up that way.

Edit: The 12C engine is apparently based on a Nissan engine originally though.

Back