If i were to visit Germany... What would you do?

Wally

I am a banana!
So I'm talking with lolla about travels and I am somewhat excited about thinking "holiday" which is really needed. 

While my passport is valid I was considering doing a Contiki tour around Europe for 30 odd days and am wondering if anyone would be keen to meet in germany (maybe at ED's front door :p

I've heard that June is a good time to go (while its winter here in Australia).

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Lucky guy, I haven't had real holidays for a long time and am outside of my own country only via work, if at all.

Well, I live at the other end of Germany than ED, but if you would visit the north or even the capital city anyway, I may be available,

if there were a bigger meetup in Ingolstadt, I would even consider going there, but my finances are very tight, so I have to calculate.

I have no passport.

But might have one by then, perhaps.

If there was something going on over there, like the Gamescom events, I could possibly get a permission slip signed and take a trip.

Not visited Germany before, only through it on a coach

buy a house to stay there living

Cologne and Munich are great, and of course, Ingolstadt !

Also come by Paris ^^.

If you visit Berlin, ask where the best CURRYWURST is available, go there and eat it! ^^ If you are in Bavaria and they offer you a WEISSWURST, run! XD

Currywurst > Weisswurst, not forget this. ;) I live in Thuringia and of course the best Wurst there is the original "Thüringer Rostbratwurst" ;)

You also should try a good "Döner", it's basicly the fav. Fastfood in germany, even more than typical Hamburger stuff I would say.

Hungry already? XD

If you pop around europe and end up in Sweden, gimme a shout.

Hehe, you can see, where Linux-Swat comes from, when you read, which German towns he suggests. :p

However, you should visit Berlin, that's of course the coolest city of whole Germany and you have good oods to meet

a) people from the open pandora scene

B) people, which speak English

c) both

If you want to see a "typical German city", just visit any city you want... In fact there are all the same. Market Place, Town hall, some churches and some interesting old buildings (maybe rebuilt after 1945). The size and location doesn't really matter at all.

I think the best would be to have a look, what you interested are (e.g. which kind of museums) and visit towns, which offer you this. Or just have a look for specific persons you want to visit (like ED).

Germany is quite big. You can't visit everything. ;)

If you visit Berlin, ask where the best CURRYWURST is available, go there and eat it! ^^ If you are in Bavaria and they offer you a WEISSWURST, run! XD

Currywurst > Weisswurst, not forget this. ;) I live in Thuringia and of course the best Wurst there is the original "Thüringer Rostbratwurst" ;)

You also should try a good "Döner", it's basicly the fav. Fastfood in germany, even more than typical Hamburger stuff I would say.

Hungry already? XD
omg shut up, i LOVE Döner Kebabs so damn much. i miss them incredibly. theyre nowhere to be found in my area. Gyros EVERYWHERE, not a single Döner

And here's me ... with Green Lanes which is a loooong road where it seems every other shop is a kebab house :)

10z9xdi.png

My girlfriend was in scotland a long time. However, was quite hard to find a kebab house there.

(The reason, why she searched, is simple: You can order a "Döner" vegan quite easy (hot sauce, falafel instead of meat). However it is nearly impossible to do this for curry sausages, hamburgers or sandwiches)

Cologne and Munich are great, and of course, Ingolstadt !

Also come by Paris ^^.
Thats the plan! I want to visit Asterix world ;)

If you pop around europe and end up in Sweden, gimme a shout.
Yep Sweden is also on the list :D

If you were to visit Germany what would I do? Probably nothing..
You sad sack :p

My girlfriend was in scotland a long time. However, was quite hard to find a kebab house there.

(The reason, why she searched, is simple: You can order a "Döner" vegan quite easy (hot sauce, falafel instead of meat). However it is nearly impossible to do this for curry sausages, hamburgers or sandwiches)
Heh.. I dunno how people ended up on the subject of kebabs but if I really wanted a kebab i'll come home. Plenty of different foods to try overseas :p . Don't think i'll be able to visit all the places of course.

@ED. Dibs on your couch ;)

Back