Idle time monitor/action script

relliker

Hi,

I've been trying to find out how the Pandora monitors the idle time before running the "idle" script/s (i.e. set brightness to zero when idle etc.)

I know that most of the scripts are in /usr/pandora/scripts but I haven't been able to find how the idle time is monitored before running any of them and how they are exec'd.

Is anyone able to give me a hint?

Thanks

Not sure, but AFAIK the standby-/poweroff-script (/usr/pandora/scripts/op_power.sh) is only called when the lid is closed or the power-slider is pushed to the right when xfce is running.

Its /usr/bin/pndevmapperd which is polling the two events and executing the script (in this case op_power.sh) that is configured in /etc/pandora/conf/eventmap.

You can browse the source-code of pndevmapperd here (click on "raw"): git.openpandora.org->apps.

/usr/pandora/scripts/op_power.sh and /etc/pandora/conf/eventmap can be viewed with a text-editor.

Beside that, I only know of the screen-blanking that xorg does and which I prefered to disable. So maybe that's what you want to do, too. In that case this thread should help you: Lcd Turns Off While Playing

Last edited by a moderator:
After some 10 minutes or something op_lid.sh is called, so the same thing happens as when the lid is closed... - I need to change this to get the changeable behaviour on lid close to work right. But at the moment I'm lazy.

Thanks for the info.

I'm trying to identify an issue where op_bright.sh is being called about a minute after the Pandora goes idle and it is writing the default brightness back to the lcd "brightness" parameter in /proc, thus basically switching on the backlight while the machine should in fact be idle with 0 brightness and a blank screen.

Thanks for the tips. Much appreciated.

Back