[Idea] The OpenPandora Social Network: PandoraNet.

Make a list of feature ideas .. I'm collecting them up for making a dashbaord and so on, turn c4a into something bigger..

Jeffphone
OK :

- should be represented as an icon in the taskbar not opened (just like IMs).

- Active when online, by default.

- when online shows which other users are online, who are Pandora owners as well.

- "Friends" function to separate your most frequent contacts from the less frequent ones  / filter

- IM kind of functionality : can contact users online, send messages, send files if possible. Screen sharing would be cool, but let's not go too far.

- does not take the full screen. I'd like to be able to do other things as the same time as I use this. (like an IM)

- features location of Pandora members: at least country wise. Either via IP geolocation, or via voluntary country selection from a list.

- can launch Xchat from this application to jump directly in the openpandora channel  

- reserved for Pandora owners. If possible the ID should be matching the C4A ID as well.

- acts as launcher for C4A games (quicklist) and records the latest scores achieved and latest games played.

- receive alerts from C4A when your score is beaten in a given game where you participated. 

- can see leaderboards for given games (data coming from C4A). / you can favorite the games you are interested to keep an eye on
Great Ideas, with one small correction - it should be off by default => opt-in is always the better choice. If this works out, maybe the choice could be offered during the first run wizard (sometime in the future)

Last edited by a moderator:
No, please not.

I don't want to have multiple accounts.

Please leave everything here on the boards and IRC.

I miss half of the fun as I'm not in IRC and don't want to have to check something else as well.

That's why I like this community: It's just a forum and not a social network with all the garbage I don't want.

I want to stay up to date without this:

- Active when online, by default.

- "Friends" function to separate your most frequent contacts from the less frequent ones  / filter

- IM kind of functionality : can contact users online, send messages, send files if possible. Screen sharing would be cool, but let's not go too far.

- acts as launcher for C4A games (quicklist) and records the latest scores achieved and latest games played.

- receive alerts from C4A when your score is beaten in a given game where you participated.

- reserved for Pandora owners. If possible the ID should be matching the C4A ID as well.
This would be the only compromise for me.

Don't want other people to have access to it.

I don't want to have multiple accounts.
If you already have a C4A account the idea is not to create another one. By the way, you already HAVE multiple accounts. Your open pandora boards ID is not linked to your IRC ID and both are not linked to your C4A account.

It's just a forum and not a social network with all the garbage I don't want.
I don't really see the difference of using this tool as a replacement for an IM focusing on Pandora contacts only. This is not about making a social network. It's about give more chances to interact.

- when online shows which other users are online, who are Pandora owners as well. - "Friends" function to separate your most frequent contacts from the less frequent ones / filter - IM kind of functionality : can contact users online, send messages, send files if possible.
Doesn't IRC/xchat already offer a list of who's online, an 'friends' function, and the ability to send messages and files?

That's my problem.

I don't even find time to be on IRC and now there is an other network I have to check?

sounds to me IRC is less annoying.
Its not about replacing the IRC. It's about expanding the user base for interactions. As you can see the people interacting on IRC are very limited. Lets face it, IRC is for those of us who started the internet in the 90s, but there are many younger net users who have never heard of it and never used it.  

Ok, how about. The same irc, the same nickname people use on it, unless they want it differently.

Generate a c4a code with the challenge, the c4a bot notifies you on irc, with the nickname you have set up, send said code, open up c4a client and accept it. I guess it would make more sense if it already was attached to your c4a account when you open it, was thinking of privacy, but that didnt make the most sense.

If anything there could be an xmpp transport if people already have an account and for some reason cant >into irc.

The c4a website can be an chat client, the c4a client can be a chat client. As long as it hooks into the already existing userbase on irc, everything is good.

Back