GP32 Idea for a unique GP32 game using physics

RoboJoe32

(kinda odd, but it's late, My brain works funny.)How about a puzzle/ish and physics reliant game? part platformer, Part puzzle.

You play as a kid who fights with a yoyo, pressing and holding B extends it to it's limit, letting go of B makes it return. (can swing it by moving controls around, can't move while using yoyo however...)And it and the string have their own physics you can use to your advantage, for example...

1: Can't get to a ledge? Throw yoyo up and towards it, let it fall so it catchs the yoyo, then let go to reel yourself up.

2: Enemy you need to defeat to complete the level out of reach? Bounce the yoyo off of a block in mid air to hit him.

3: enemy hanging off of ledge and out of your reach? walk up to the edge, let the yoyo roll downward, and swing it from the wall to hit em.

Decent idea, or the ramblings of someone who needs some sleep?

Yeah, it was a goofy idea, but it still sounds kinda fun. (Now i'm a little bit more awake)

Ever heard of Umiharak (I think)? its a snes game that ran full speed without sound on the old Snes9xGP and seems to be almost exactly what you describe. Have a play of it - you'll find you like it :D

Could do the same thing in Castlevania 4, granted it was a whip and not a yo yo, except for bouncing it off of ledges.

to Tobriand, This is a fun little game! If not a lil odd. almost exactly like I spoke of. Minus the yoyo/lure weight physics.

Back