Idea for a new kind of controller

Lord Critic

Still Fresh
Hello folks,

since the pandora was quite far away from being affordable for me, I thought about another solution for gaming. Like the modern tablets and their docks, including a keyboard and additional storage and power, I'm thinking, that an controller in the same size as your smartphone including a slim keyboard and gaming controls and a tight grip to hold the device would be perfect, because most of you already got the entire hardware that you need for the os in the smartphone, but it's still lacking adequate controls.

So think about a smartphone with removable backcover, like the galaxy s5 or the upcoming lg g3. You than attach the controller/keyboard/whatever it will be called-pad by the coverholder-mechanics. Both sides are the equal size so it will fit and look good. And for the other smartphones I could think of a removable/exchangable caselike holding device for the controller unit. Think of it like it were three parts: the controller, the case-like part to connect controller and smartphone and the smartphone itself.

Would this be possible to produce?

Best greetings,

Lord Critic

btw: yeay, first post!

The iCP2 was going to be similar to what it sounds like you're after, until the project manager managed himself into a hole and then spent the rest of the money trying to dig up.

The hole is a metaphor, incidentally; there was no literal hole, he just mismanaged the project and then disappeared. But I digress.

Anywho, so the iCP2 was what you would have been looking for but the project died. There's a chance that someone, somewhere might rekindle the effort, but I wouldn't count on it being anyone from here, too many bad memories.

A product like this was in the works, by this community's loved Craig Rothwell.

He fucked up (or did exceedingly well getting a lot of money for nothing, depending on whom you believe).

Nobody knows how.

Edit: Damn, too slow. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back