Ide3 Tag Editor

prairiefire

Ultimate Frisbee Nut
Website
Visit site
Okay so the time has come where I have formatted my computer and now that it's all clean again, I'm motivated to actually sort my music files and finally get around to filling in the ID3 tags for all the songs. It's about time that I have some organization to this....

Problem is, it's going to be a lot of work doing this and I was hoping some people had some recommendations on a good editor. I tried ID3 tagIT but found that it was too slow.

Anyone have any recommendations? I'm hoping I can sort through a few GB of songs without spending the better part of a couple of weeks.

Cheers.

I kinda like mp3tag

it can take filenames and covert them to tags ... as long as your filenames are all alike, eg artist/album/track-title.mp3
it can take tags and covert them to filenames .. including folders

can't say how quick it is, I only do a couple of folders at a time

If you want to hand edit tags, I still use winamp for that - in playlist view <alt-3> opens tag info <alt-1> to enable the tag <tab> to the data to change <enter> to accept <cursor> to next file

mp3tag is best.
MusicBrainz is also good but I suggest you try and tag the files by yourself as much as possible, and don't let a machine do all of the work for you (it can get stuff really wrong sometimes).

PokeParadox said:
From what I remember, mp3tag is great, I haven't used it in a good while, however, since foobar2000's tagging features are powerful enough.
mp3 tag can be some really useful things like add track numbers into the id3tag from the filename, or vice a versa.
So useful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back