Circuit Layout Software

Ian J

Advanced Member
I'm looking for some free software to layout and print basic circuits so that I can etch them myself.

Nothing too fancy just single sided stuff.

I'm sick of using veroboard and want to try and make the circuits a bit cleaner.

Any recommendations?

About open source tools, I've found 2 programs interesting, I don't know are they working on Pandora.
1. KiCAD - a bit difficult to start with, but much can be done with it. One should know that it's schematic editor is a schematic capture program, not schematic design tool, it means that it's better to have a complete schematic in form of sketches or in imagination before "GUI-encoding" it in Eeschema. KiCAD allows to perform netlisting and PCB design.
2. DIYLC - a Java program to make simple schematics, PCB layouts, veroboard layouts and other designs. I use it if I do something complex on universal PCB and I need a nice planning of components. Printing mechanism is poor.

Many thanks for everyone's suggestions.

Do all of the above allow me to print out my circuits as per below so that I can etch them?

Pcb.gif

Do all of the above allow me to print out my circuits as per below so that I can etch them?

If you get along with setting design rules, I think KiCAD can make these.

I use DesignSpark, but not had enough time to work out what I need to do to get them uploaded to OSHPark. I did have a look at Fritzing and KiCAD and couldn't even work out how to get started.

Back