id Super Pack

Gerix

I dragged my heels last time and missed the sale. But my friend pointed out it's on sale again. Don't know if anyone is interested, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Edit: Lol, oops. Link.

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally worth it of course - a great way to get all the data files you'd need for Pandora ports for a £1 a game. I can't be trusted around Steam sales though - I've already spent way too much on games I'll probably never play (here's my Steam Games List as proof).

If I'd paid full price for everything, SteamCalculator reports it would be $1528.25 USD, but I haven't paid full price for anything - it's all from Steam sales. Still, too much money, too much bandwidth, especially considering my computer is sitting unloved in a corner while I play on Xbox and Pandora.

I notice you put some good time into Hitman : Blood Money. Quality title and one I loved on Xbox i sure hope they dont trash the coming one, as the E3 trailer had 47 acting like a bar brawling thug to get to the lass in the shower. Sad.

edit: Cheers for the heads up Gerix. Quite fancy the super pack for the Pandora files but my XP rig is dead now, so most stuff probably doesn't work on Vista I imagine(?) Also just spotted AVP classic 2000 with Xbox pad support. Anyone played that with an xbox pad and know if works well or totally sucks?

Yeah - loved that game. There's the games I'd like people to think I play (Recetter: 0 hours on record) and there's the games I actually do play (Hitman: 23 hours on record - I don't think that even includes the times I was offline).

The info about the new one sounds ominous. I didn't even realise there was another one coming to be honest, considering 47 *spoiler* at the *spoiler* of Blood Money.

If I'd paid full price for everything, SteamCalculator reports it would be $1528.25 USD, but I haven't paid full price for anything - it's all from Steam sales. Still, too much money, too much bandwidth, especially considering my computer is sitting unloved in a corner while I play on Xbox and Pandora.
I would have purchased an NR Reader with that money.

@MarioPandio: I assume they would work on Vista. I know I played Quake III with my brother and he was on Vista. I can't vouch for the other ones, but some of the older games probably have updated clients (or DOSbox) that would work.

@freamon: That's quite a list! If you haven't played World of Goo, I would recommend it.

Don't you love it when you buy games and realize you don't have time to play them? I keep finding games at garage sales that just sit around. Just the other day I found my Total Annihilation discs and remembered I bought it a few weeks back. I'm hoping some of the other games work on the Pandora, though. Then I can argue that I'm setting them aside for that reason.

Actually, it has been a really good year for garage sales.

I would have purchased an NR Reader with that money.
I've just googled what an NR Reader is - for Gamecube testing yeah? - so I think I know what one is, but I've no idea why you'd want one. Is is just a collector's item, 'cause I read it's near impossible to get the discs for it?

@freamon: That's quite a list! If you haven't played World of Goo, I would recommend it.
Mmm - I suck at puzzle games though. I think I bought it to (partly) make up for previously downloading a hooky Linux version of it.

^Oh, I thought maybe you bought the Humble Indie Bundle, since a few of those games were in your inventory.

Anyway, I hope OP can arrange to get board production finished. I would really love to try these games out on the Pandora. I also bought The Ultima Collection, Crusader: No Remorse, and Total Annihilation. I have no idea if they'll work (esp. the last one), but here's to hoping.

Normally I wouldn't buy anything from digital distribution services (though GOG is an exception) but this one is *very* enticing. Anyone know if you can download them without the steam client? If it weren't for Half-Life 2 steam wouldn't even be on my computer.

Yeah, I don't particularly like Steam. It used to lock me out when I didn't have an internet connection (offline mode seemed wonky at one time). I also don't like the idea of not actually being able to separate my games from the client (in case Valve goes under). At least with these ones, I can (allegedly) pull the data files. I'm looking through my library and the only other games I have are by Valve or were linked in through the Humble Indie Bundle.

You should have no problems pulling the data files - Valve don't repack other company's stuff, so the data will be identical to what was on the CDs.

If Valve ever died (as far as I'm concerned, AFTER releasing Episode 3 they can do what they like), there's a few Steam emulators and launchers out there that work well enough. Moreover, if Steam never received any updates, they wouldn't be battling against a moving target anymore, and so they'd only get better. This is what I tell myself, anyways.

Well all of my computers currently run FreeBSD. Eventually I'm going to put *regurgitates* windows on my second drive on my current system only for playing windows only games (I've got my eye on a few coming out this year). It would be nice to download them directly (the id pack that is) without steam so I can burn them to disc and save them for later.

Back