Icuiti Dv920 Digital Video Eyewear And The Gp2x

g8rpal

Still Fresh
Has anyone tried the Icuiti DV920 digital video eyewear on the GP2X? It supports 640x480.

www.icuiti.com

gp32_console gp32_console gp32_console gp32_console gp32_console gp32_console gp32_console

gatorpal posted on Mar 1 2007 at 05:04 PM said:
Has anyone tried the Icuiti DV920 digital video eyewear on the GP2X? It supports 640x480.

www.icuiti.com

gp32_console gp32_console gp32_console gp32_console gp32_console gp32_console gp32_console

... and where would this plug into?

Last edited by a moderator:
TelcoLou posted on Mar 1 2007 at 02:54 PM said:
... and where would this plug into?
Um, . . . Here:

http://www.icuiti.net/dv920.html :
Batteries

* 2 AA Alkaline batteries (included)
* 2 to 4 hours of continuous use, based on battery type

[Snip]

A/V Cables

* Composite video (included)
* iPod Cable (optional)
* SVHS (S-Video, optional)
* VGA (PCs & Laptops, included)

The EXT TV-Out, seems like a cool idea actually.

hm, i would be more interested in a actual hud where you can see through/that covers only one eye, gaming/video watching while walking, yay.
To bad those things cost a fortune.

Vimacs posted on Mar 2 2007 at 02:47 AM said:
hm, i would be more interested in a actual hud where you can see through/that covers only one eye, gaming/video watching while walking, yay.
To bad those things cost a fortune.

Yeah, they do. It's a real shame. :( We've got the technology, I should have augmented reality by now.

geordie.jpg

That looks like a narrow car air filter round his head..?

DV920: How do people focus on a screen so close to their eyes... some optics??

EDIT:
# Image appears as if projected at a distance of 7 feet
# 15 degrees of vertical tilt
# Left/right, independent focus (approx. +2 to -6 diopters)

Ah, now I 'understand'.

kevcal posted on Mar 2 2007 at 01:51 PM said:
That looks like a narrow car air filter round his head..?

DV920: How do people focus on a screen so close to their eyes... some optics??

EDIT:
# Image appears as if projected at a distance of 7 feet
# 15 degrees of vertical tilt
# Left/right, independent focus (approx. +2 to -6 diopters)

Ah, now I 'understand'.

The DV920 costs $549 I think.

And I am happy to report that they do work w/ the gp2x.

I am having a bit of frustration w/ gmenu in that when I select tv-out and exit the settings it reverts back to console display. (so I can't use gmenu?)

Anyone know of a way to get the autorun script to look for tv-out capability and select it automatically?

The DV920 are a little expensive and I have had a little bit of buyers remorse. But, they are pretty cool. Coupled w/ my nvidia video card I have been able to get it to show 3d for my games on my PC. (However, they do not convert 2d to 3d automatically.) I have found no movie players to convert 2d to 3d adequately for a decent price.

The visualFX 3d system is only $100 - 150 (I have that as well) and requires a crt style television and is a much more economical way to achieve 3d for everything. (games, movies, etc.) However, you certainly don't get the benefit of your own private display.

The gp2x looks pretty nice on the glasses.

Icuiti has a cheaper version that only displays 320x240. $249 I think.

So, if anyone cares... the DV920 does work w/ the gp2x.

I also own the DV920. It is decent, but there is something better for the same price: The Z800 3D Visor.

www.3dvisor.com

It has higher res (800*600) better quality displays, wider field of vision (45 degrees compared to the 26 degrees you get with the DV920) and it has built in headtracking, all for the same price ($550)

It's way more worth it. I'm selling my DV920 to afford the Z800.

Rambozo posted on Mar 2 2007 at 04:56 PM said:
I also own the DV920. It is decent, but there is something better for the same price: The Z800 3D Visor.

www.3dvisor.com

It has higher res (800*600) better quality displays, wider field of vision (45 degrees compared to the 26 degrees you get with the DV920) and it has built in headtracking, all for the same price ($550)

Sweet, I am actually looking into that (haha, hahahaahaha), but seriously I see that the Z800 is *awesome*.
I just can't afford one at all.

nubie posted on Mar 3 2007 at 02:11 AM said:
Rambozo posted on Mar 2 2007 at 04:56 PM said:

www.3dvisor.com

Sweet, I am actually looking into that (haha, hahahaahaha), but seriously I see that the Z800 is *awesome*.
I just can't afford one at all.
Dog gone it! I searched and searched before I bought the DV920. Those guys needs to submit their site to the search engines. Those look pretty nice! I'd have gotten them over the dv920's just b/c of the higher resolution let alone the other features. Let me know when you get them how they work.

Back