I was bored! I made a case, I will make more?

Link

ithic.com
Website
www.ithic.com
What do you think?

Handmade Neoprene Open Pandora Case.JPG

Material cost me $1.00 at the Dollar Store, took me a few hours of needlework. Just had to rip it apart and put it back together with a handy straight edge and black magic marker. This black neoprene is perfect for the Pandora as the reverse is medium blue.I would like to find green eco friendly or recycled new neoprene and make these to order for community members. Contact me if you're interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, simple was what I was going for. Not quite as simple as Cosurgi's ziplock bag, but close. My girlfriend didn't know I had these skills. I've just made a second one. Thank you for the feedback!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice!

I've never sewn neoprene, myself (though I did once make the mistake of trying to hand-sew Velcro panels in place - that hurt!). Is it difficult to do?

It's not hard to sew, this is 3mm, so its not too thick. It was good to have something that was actually already sewn, so I sewed up the side with the prior holes first to figure out good spacing/depth. Just kept that going on the other edges. With the machine, they really hit it pretty hard, whereas I used about half the stitching, it was easy, it lines up really well and then kind of welds itself with the thread if its cuts clean and the pattern connects.

Just don't leave on your couch. Someone might think its a pillow and might sit on it. :p

So I've updated the thread title here as I ordered up a spool (good for the rest of my lifetime methinks) of upholstery thread, 16oz black. 3mm Black Nylon doublesided neoprene, some buttons, and a friend with an embroidery machine.

i want to keep this pretty simple price wise, so I'm going to offer them on my shop under three variations. Embroidery will costs will be $5 in 2D, $7 in 3D. I will be showing off a sample within the next week or two of the embroidery. It is just going to be the the box Pandora logo centered on the case which will be 7"x4.5" approximately. The logo size will be 1.75". Un-embroidered cases are available for $8 plus $2 shipping in the US, $5 international.

As far as fastening this together, I'm going with a button, its simple, easy to fix, and will not affect the Pandora case like a metal clasp or zipper.

The case adds a nice layer of proection to the Pandora in a cargo pocket or backpack. It also fits very nicely in the Underwater Kinetics cases I currently carry and will be adding to the inventory in the future (DryBox 309 Retro LunchBox).

Thanks for looking, PM me if you are interested or look for them at http://www.ithic.com

^

Did you use neoprene? Seems to me like 3 layers of this neoprene would be 9mm, I could try a design like that with one layer, but it would still double up on the flap and add bulk.

Very nice! I'm sure to order one and some other stuff from your shop in the future... But for now, I have to save every penny for my soon to be purchased custom build PC!

A Pandora sewing and embroidery topic. man i thought i heard it all... ;)

But kidding aside, looking nice! Both the neoprene and the embroiled one :) (is that correct btw? used autocorrect since embroided turned up red)

Cheers!

Back