I Want Photos Of Pandora

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nova

Is that a Caanoo in your pocket or are you just ha
Website
Visit site
I was thinking, I mean, the Pandora is going to be going on sale very soon, but I don't even really know what the console looks like!

Besides some renders and some camera phone shots of a rapid prototyped case, I'v seen very little of the Pandora "in the flesh" so to speak. Maybe I've missed them, and they are in fact around somewhere, but I can't find them anywhere. Do they exist? Surely Craig has a few final working ones lying around by now?

Show us some pictures of Pandora, Craig!

Craig said we will have pictures of the finalized case this month.

We are very likely going to see a finished pandora and the GUI before the 30th to allay pre-order fears. Be patient.

anexanhume said:
We are very likely going to see a finished pandora and the GUI before the 30th to allay pre-order fears. Be patient.
"Patience" is a term that has been bandied around a lot since this thing was announced. I'm not sure how much I have left.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nova said:
"Patience" is a term that has been bandied around a lot since this thing was announced. I'm not sure how much I have left.
I've said it before, I'll say it again. Demanding results doesn't guarantee results. Getting impatient will not make the pictures come faster. (Or videos, for that matter).

I really wish people would name their topics better. I got so excited thinking that, I don't know, a topic with "Photos of Pandora" would show me actual photos.

Photo's will come when they come. I expect since pre-order is less than 2 weeks off, we will have plenty of pictures and video's to oggle over.

k_man316 said:
I really wish people would name their topics better. I got so excited thinking that, I don't know, a topic with "Photos of Pandora" would show me actual photos.
QFT.

Siiiigh.

Well we could have some cases CNC'ed like GPH did for the Wiz if you like? But you won't see the final real cases until they start to roll off the production line.

The current cases are FDM which is why they look scratchy and matt, but they work well enough to tell us what we need to know.

The CNC version would look more shiny and nice, we could have some made up?

craigix said:
Of course, as long as it doesn't take up a ton of cash. (Would like that very much :) )

craigix said:
Well we could have some cases CNC'ed like GPH did for the Wiz if you like? But you won't see the final real cases until they start to roll off the production line.

The current cases are FDM which is why they look scratchy and matt, but they work well enough to tell us what we need to know.

That would be awesome! Even though I'll preorder regardless, it would make me feel much more comfortable seeing a representation of the final product before I throw down my money.
AireTamStorm said:
Nova said:
I've said it before, I'll say it again. Demanding results doesn't guarantee results. Getting impatient will not make the pictures come faster. (Or videos, for that matter).
No, but it doesn't hurt. If the question hadn't been asked, we wouldn't have gotten this response from Craig, for example. Why do you hate curiosity so? :p

Hell yeah, CNC away! I have no idea what it means, but I WANT TO SEE A SHINY PANDORA CASE!

:D

(was that too enthusiastic?)

ShyGuy said:
Hell yeah, CNC away! I have no idea what it means, but I WANT TO SEE A SHINY PANDORA CASE!

:D

(was that too enthusiastic?)
CNC = Computer numerical control. In broad terms, your printer is a CNC machine; though what Craig's talking about is basically a plastic engraving machine that would score out a case.

Will the final case be CNC'd or injection molded?

craigix said:

I think this would be a great idea. I for one would love to see pictures and videos of the pandora in a case closer to its final one before preordering

Sturatt said:
craigix said:

I think this would be a great idea. I for one would love to see pictures and videos of the pandora in a case closer to its final one before preordering

++
though my mouth was watering even at those rapid prototyped cases...

i hate to sound like everyone elce but i would LOVE to see a real pandora case. i'll be pre-ordering regardless but seeing a actual case would deff put me much more at ease. :)

The final cases are injection moulded, CNC cases would cost about $500 each even in bulk ;)

We are arranging to have some made up now, we wanted to do an SLA one but it really was just too expensive ($3000ish).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back