GP32 I Used To Write Code...

sbreckling

Still Fresh
I used to write / edit small programs for a few C++ classes I had in college. I think that I'm still pretty good with the syntax... but It'll take some work.

I've never developed ANYTHING for linux... It's a whole new world for me...

I'd like to take a stab at developing small applications for the gp2x... Maybe port games after I'm a tad more confident with the code I write...

I, sadly, used to be a windows user... but I use mac OS X 10.4 now...

What software should I be using to write code?.. And what are some good compilers?

Would my pseudo-unix environment be a good place to test out my finished products? or should I just turn an old PC into a gentoo box?...

I browsed around for a general tutorial.. but didn't find much. Any information would be helpful!

Thanks a lot!

http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/Main_Page

You should be fine developing in a Windows environment, if you programming with a cross platform API, you shouldn't need to worry too much what the target platform is in the main part of your code. Just keep your code moudular ensuring that game interfaces (eg display, controls) and completely seperate to your game code otherwise you will have some trouble porting..

Good Luck.

I can recommend programming your thing on PC, using SDL. Once your program is finished, you can simply compile it for GP2X. I myself have a makefile for each platform. Don't forget to compile and test it on the GP2X once in a while to make sure things still work.

/Inopia

Inopia posted on Dec 1 2005 at 09:39 AM said:
I can recommend programming your thing on PC, using SDL. Once your program is finished, you can simply compile it for GP2X. I myself have a makefile for each platform. Don't forget to compile and test it on the GP2X once in a while to make sure things still work.

/Inopia
is it really that easy, just swapping a makefile and youre done?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does TinyXML work?

I've make an engine that uses tinyXML for the levels.

jlebrech posted on Dec 7 2005 at 07:42 AM said:
Does TinyXML work?

I've make an engine that uses tinyXML for the levels.

TinyXML is pretty standard, so it should. Lemme know if it doesn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back