I Thought More Shipments Of Pandoras Was Going Happen More Often....

clyborg

Still Fresh
It's been 12 days since any blog post from the OPT...too busy with the iControlpad, and forgot about us pandoraians?

Anyway...I guess no news is still bad news.

Clyborg

I noticed on the icontrolpad forums, and the device is showing stress cracks? Screws too tight? Sounds like the stress crash issue with some of the pandoras.

Anyway, I hope this gets resolved.

I am 100% confident that I will get my Pandora but am very frustrated in the crap information we get off OPT - all the info suggested that it was a bad idea to upgrade to a premium pandora (I am 1350 - 1450 in the queue ordered first couple of days so been waiting 30 months now!) - it had to be that they were close to reaching that range.

900 sent out pre christmas then 800 January, 800 February = 2500 Pandoras - plus Craig mentioned 1000 for March and March is all but over and no Pandora yet.

It appears that alot of these must have been multiple RMAs - wish that OPT were more realistic and told us at least monthly of actual progress through the queues.

Yes that takes time but after 1 year of production they certainly have the odd few mins to do this once a month!

Come on lets be honest and have a clear transparant reporting of the queue progress - I do not mind waiting if I know that for eample I will get one of the next 400 produced and its taking 100 a month - knowing that 800 a month are going out and still I am waiting is getting to be a really bad joke!!!! Something is going seriously wrong somewhere.

Patience due to the above is now a little thin and whilst I will never cancel I also will never get involved in anything like this again unless it is organised alot differently.

No news is usually bad news, unfortunately. And Craig's post on the official forum alluding to missed schedules by the board production company, seem to show this. Telling us what he knows though, as to why the targets haven't been met would be more useful, in my opinion. I'm sure EvilDragon will let us know, when he gets a bigger picture of things.

Between 1600 - 1700. I really should start stocking up on emulators. Any news on the tv out?

Dead1nside said:
No news is usually bad news, unfortunately. And Craig's post on the official forum alluding to missed schedules by the board production company, seem to show this. Telling us what he knows though, as to why the targets haven't been met would be more useful, in my opinion. I'm sure EvilDragon will let us know, when he gets a bigger picture of things.

Unfortunately even news tends to turn out to be bad news for most of us.

Initial batch 1 preorders of 4000 was obviously far too high to achieve in a reasonable amount of time and 30 months is far from reasonable - for that length of time we now really expect the clear and transparant queue progress I mentioned earlier.

Its so easy to do and everyone is then happy.

Most people are happy to wait along time if they are kept upto date with progress (proper progress) and if OPT do that then there is no problem even if the progress is very slow.

Craig/ED why do you not do this? we all know this has not been easy but hopefully over the next few years the profit from Pandora/Pandora 2 etc will all make it worthwhile - Icontrolpad which uses the Pandora controls already looks like it will make alot of profit.

All we ask is to know what real progress is being made.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, what should I tell you?
We get the information from CircuitCo and post the information.
Last we got was their schedule, then about 150 - 300 boards shipped two weeks later.

If anybody can suggest WHAT information we could give you, we would.
You all want to know when the next batch of boards arrives, etc. But... SO DO WE.
CC often tells they will ship 300 boards end of next week, but based on our experience we had so far with them, it's a 50% chance this happens.

We got all cases, all LCDs, all Batteries, etc. lying in UK and are only waiting for the boards... the same you are waiting for your units.
And as long as we don't get any information from CC, I have no idea what informations I could give to you...

It's sad, I know, but if anybody knows what I could do to improve that, I'd do so in an instant.

In defence of ED and OP, they have been completely honest with us, relaying information when they can. As EvilDragon's just said, they cannot tell us what they don't know, which makes me pretty damn angry at the board productions company's estimates (not much worse, in my view, than poor estimates) but what else can they do?

It's frustrating for everyone, and for a large part delays have been down to the case company and now the board company; sadly, it makes you want to get litigious about it, but I don't think that's really the way to go and we'd all probably never see our Pandora if that was the case. Just got to stick it out, or stump up for the premium Pandora.

Keep going EvilDragon! :)

EvilDragon said:
Last we got was their schedule, then about 150 - 300 boards shipped two weeks later.

Very very easy to answer:

What is the time and date of the order confirmation of the last fulfilled order by gbax?

What is the time and date of the order confirmation of the last fulfilled order by you?

A bit harder to answer (if you are indeed as badly organised as you claim, which I do not believe):

How many devices shipped to (non-premium) customers, not counting replacement devices?

The problem is that instead of giving information about the past, you insist on giving misinformation about the future.

aq21 said:
EvilDragon said:

Very very easy to answer:

What is the time and date of the order confirmation of the last fulfilled order by gbax?

What is the time and date of the order confirmation of the last fulfilled order by you?

A bit harder to answer (if you are indeed as badly organised as you claim, which I do not believe):

How many devices shipped to (non-premium) customers, not counting replacement devices?

The problem is that instead of giving information about the past, you insist on giving misinformation about the future.

All we want is progress through the queue(s) - it is irrelevant if CC sent 1000 boards if all those were either premium or RMA Pandoras.

Therefore just a simple this week/month Craigs queue 1000 to 1050 were sent out and ED 150 to 170 (as an example).

That way we know when we may get ours - it also gives information needed to possibly upgrade to a premium.

....and this is not an unreasonable thing to ask it keeps customers happy.

I really wish I had not preoredered as I would have now bought one of the premiums albeit costing alot more - unfortunately if we all had done this there would have been no Pandora in the first place.

ED is a really great guy and so is Craig - please just lets have real progress information.

EvilDragon said:
.... but if anybody knows what I could do to improve that, I'd do so in an instant.
While the strategy of making CC think you were getting another board company online - had the effect of putting a boot up their unmentionables, it hasn't seem to last so long.

Maybe now its time to take the board designs to a few other companies and actually start getting deliveries of boards from a company that actually wants the business

I'm under no illusions this can be done overnight and will probably be a pita but what choice are CC giving you?

I think the way CC had treated OPL is nothing short of shoddy - if they were an ISP - they'd be Talk Talk....

chris_c said:
I think the way CC had treated OPL is nothing short of shoddy - if they were an ISP - they'd be Talk Talk....

Too true. Sadly, I think that there may be no choice in switching. The associated costs, cancellations, and delays would perhaps be too far for the finances -- that's speculation on my part, but the impression I've garnered.

But if you haven't already I would get quite threatening with them, after all, they must have some explanation for why they haven't met their estimate. I mean what are we talking about, a promise of 1000 boards and a delivery of 0? Perhaps getting Trey to go over there as spokesman may be worthwhile? They clearly need to be chased, which is really unfortunate.

Well, most of the stuff that has to do with my queue is answered already, though mostly on the German boards (because over 90% of my customers are from Germany ;))

Nothing is hidden there.
All orders up to order number 2769 have been delivered from my shop (that's all orders until 10/01/2008 00:25:18).

During the last two weeks, I shipped about 20 - 30 units, from where about 4 were Premium ones (of which 2 were upgraded normal orders). I also had 5 refunds in that time.

30 units are finished waiting to be shipped in my shelf, I'm just waiting for the AC Adaptors which I should get from Craig soon.

Last week I tested all boards that had issues and shipped 51 back to CC for repairs (a lot had old broken nubs, some had broken audio, etc.). Craig shipped back about 300 boards for repairs, I have no ideas about his queue though, so I can't tell you anything about that.

I'm waiting for more news from CC, but how accurate they are is another question.

EvilDragon said:
Well, most of the stuff that has to do with my queue is answered already, though mostly on the German boards (because over 90% of my customers are from Germany ;) )

Nothing is hidden there.
All orders up to order number 2769 have been delivered from my shop (that's all orders until 10/01/2008 00:25:18).

During the last two weeks, I shipped about 20 - 30 units, from where about 4 were Premium ones (of which 2 were upgraded normal orders). I also had 5 refunds in that time.

30 units are finished waiting to be shipped in my shelf, I'm just waiting for the AC Adaptors which I should get from Craig soon.

Last week I tested all boards that had issues and shipped 51 back to CC for repairs (a lot had old broken nubs, some had broken audio, etc.). Craig shipped back about 300 boards for repairs, I have no ideas about his queue though, so I can't tell you anything about that.

I'm waiting for more news from CC, but how accurate they are is another question.
holy crap! 350 boards I hope thats not 1 months returns - I thought it was the far east that used untrained child labor to make electronics
but even several months worth thats still seems a lot to me!

mind you my favorite theory is still that CC are owned by Sony and are doing a carefully balanced spoiler campaign - not too much to make OPL go elsewhere but just enough so eventually they'll fail... :-o

chris_c said:
EvilDragon said:
Well, most of the stuff that has to do with my queue is answered already, though mostly on the German boards (because over 90% of my customers are from Germany ;) )

Nothing is hidden there.

holy crap! 350 boards I hope thats not 1 months returns - I thought it was the far east that used untrained child labor to make electronics
but even several months worth thats still seems a lot to me!

mind you my favorite theory is still that CC are owned by Sony and are doing a carefully balanced spoiler campaign - not too much to make OPL go elsewhere but just enough so eventually they'll fail... :-o

No worries, those were all the broken boards we got so far since we started shipping last year. Most were broken nubs.

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:

so mine is waiting for the AC? yippie. Cheers Ed!

Give us ALL the contact details you have for CC. ALL the details - right here, including personal contact numbers of the staff, the company business numbers, web addresses and even postal details. We can flood them day and night with our complaints at their shitty behaviour, pester them, and tie them up in knots until they pull their finger out and I get my flaming (how polite) Pandora. We can make noise, and a nusiance of ourselves, perhaps to the point they start losing money, clients and are unable to function unless they behave in a business like fashion. If that fails, I'll gladly donate to a "sue the bastards" fund.

If they really are the ones at whos door the blame lies, then they deserve everything they get from those who put their faith and money into their hands. I think it's time to let them know just how much ill will they are generating, and get it into their thick sculls what they have do to repair some of that damage. Tell them to give us the goods, or we start advertising the truth about them and hopefully trashing their business through the power of the people, and the power of internet - and maybe even the power of the law. If it all comes to the worst, maybe you can sue them for the price of the newer components needed to make the pandora as up to date today as it was when this company should have delivered the goods.

Finally, if you do give us the details - I'd urge people to be as polite but as disruptive as possible. Once they start sticking to their shedules we would of course leave them in peace.

Back