I Think I Just Fried My Gp32

krs1

Still Fresh
whenever i switch my gamepark on now.it stays on for around 7 seconds then the image starts flickering and fading, also the backlight has stopped working (this all happened at the same time).earlier on i had it running through a transformer (3v),but noticed after around 10 mins the bottom right hand corner of the unit was starting to get warm. ever since then its shall we say "fucked".any ideas any1?

Well sounds like you also had the same problem mine has. It's to do with the FLU addon they put in them , i think there faulty. the AC adapter didnt do it. (cause i never had one and got same problem) .. I think the resister attached to the FLU switch may be bad, so it would cause a feed back loop that would short out the GP32 causing the screen to fade out (not just fade but kinda break up as it fades) then resets the GP32.
is that about how it's doing it?

well I sent my Gp32 unit back to GBAX.COM for repaires. they told me it was gonna take a month.

So no it's nothing you did. it's a faulty unit.
I got mine in Dec 2003. so did another guy with the same problem . our thoughts are a bad batch was made. when did you get yours?

:EMUMAN: :(

i bought it about a month ago from ebay.been after 1 for ages so this kind of pissed me off.any idea how much their gonna cost 2 repair?

yes, that happened to my flu also. i just got it at christmas and waiting for liksang to reply, and dont worrie, ill get a refund :angry:

It does seem there was a bad flu batch before xmas, we will repair/replace all bought from us.

I spoke to GP about direct replacements but there is another shortage of units at the moment so thats whats taking the extra time.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

Back