Somethings wrong with my GP32

E

extremegamer

Holy crap, when playing Little John and GPEngine after a while the screen starts to flicker and fade out. I thought it was the batteries so I changed them and it stopped, but then in about 2hrs it started doing it again. After it keeps flickering and fading it resets itself back to the GP opening sequence. I ran my MP3s to see if it was flickering cause of battery power and it ran fine. Anybody know what the problem could be, its not because Little John and GPEngine run at 133mhz and its screwing up my system is it?
Thanks.

The new ones were Generic, but still, i figured they would last longer than a few hours, and wouldn't the mp3 screen do the same thing as Little john or gpengine with the flicker and fading???

Well, the MP3 player probably doesn't run at 133MHz, so the batteries can survive another 20 to 30 minutes before dying. Though even an overclocked FLU shouldn't die after just 2 hours...

No, i think your right, after thinking about it, the manual says battery life is about 10-12 hrs, but that is running at the normal 40mhz or around there, the programs i run are running at 133mhz which is 3x+ the normal speed therefore would use 3x the battery making battery life about 2-4 hrs....Is my thinking here logical or does the mhz even matter in battery life? :D

The only way you should get 3 or less hours of battery life is with an FLU running overclocked for extended periods of time. My non-FLU can run up to 7 hours on two generic AA batteries at 133~156 MHz..

The easiest thing to do is try it with name brand batteries and see how it goes. You can not really tell if there is anything wrong with your GP32 by using a couple of sets of generic (unnamed) batteries.

No generic batteries are ever the same, So they can not really be compared like for like.
Basically, you get what you pay for.

Just my 2p

Trooper

If I was really wanting to test my GP32, I'd pick up a power supply from Radio Shack for like $10. It'll eliminate any question about the batteries.

Flack posted on Sep 29 2003 at 04:31 AM said:
If I was really wanting to test my GP32, I'd pick up a power supply from Radio Shack for like $10. It'll eliminate any question about the batteries.

Exactly my thoughts...

Even when you want to game on the go, generic batteries will deplete VERY quick. Don't bother with rechargables, mine depleted within the hour :rolleyes:
If you want to play longer, go for duracells, I know they're expensive but they will last much longer.

I mostly play in my room, nearby a powersupply :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have always used rechargeables - the NiMH 2100mAh work excellent. The 1800mAh work great also. I have used Eveready and Radioshack NiMH batteries and they are worth every penny.
You can recharge a set of batteries around 1000 times. Each two batteries last easily around 5 hours - mine typically last 7 hours.
A Radioshack recharger + 4 batteries costs around 20 dollars - that means 2000 charges for the GP32... so if you think about it 1 cent per battery cycle on the GP32 is definitely worth it :)

CURRENTLY USING 2100MAH NIMH RECHARGEABLES AND I GET BETWEEN 5 AND 8 HOUR ON FLU UNIT DEPENDING ON THE APP IM USING. EVEN USING OVERCLOCKED SNES9X AT 156 MHZ. PROBABLY EVEN LONGER USING GPENGINE WHICH IS THE BEST EMULATOR AVAILABLE AT PRESENT FOR SPEED AND FEATURES.

You know, you would think that people that have the knowledge to use a GP32 would have at least the slightest knowledge of internet ettiqute(sp?).

Dont use all caps.

Back