I ported DinguxCommander to GP2X

romanaFour

Still Fresh
I got a GP2X F-100 and F-200 recently. I was curious about this device because some games I've played on GCW and Pandora were ported from GP2X. I installed Open2X firmware on both and it is fantastic compared to the original firmware 2.X and 4.X which was terrible.

Anyway, I couldn't find an intuitive yet capable file manager for GP2X so here's Dingux Commander.

I think I managed not to mess anything up. Dingoo to GP2X is a little bit of a pain because you have to poll joystick events instead of keyboard events. (The majority of consoles I've tried use SDL keys for d-pad and buttons: Dingux on GCW, Dingoo, Ingenic RetroJunk RS-9X... even LeapsterGS are easier to port than GP2X.) Anyway, if anyone still has a GP2X, I also ported a few other things to GP2X that I couldn't find on openhandhelds: Pokemon Mini emulator from GP2X WIZ, Last Mission, and Ohboy GB(C) emulator from GP2X from the wiz. I guess I'll know if anyone is still out there if someone downloads Dingux Commander. :)

Updates: Pokemon Mini emulator and Last Mission added. Ohboy is nothing fancy: it does not have any complicated scaling or filtering but the one mode you get fills most of the screen and looks decent. Lemonboy is definitely faster, but all the scaled modes look bad to me and the menus are too complicated.

Also, Openggs (Giana Sisters) did not work for me on 2.1.1 or Open2x firmwares so I ported it from the dingoo version.
Once again, I think I managed not to screw anything up in the PollEvent loop. I think....

Attachments

• commander.zip
    108.6 KB · Views: 283
  • last_mission.zip
    455.8 KB · Views: 262
  • pokemon_mini_gp2x.zip
    126.7 KB · Views: 270
  • OhBoy.zip
    174.9 KB · Views: 266
  • giana.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 245
Last edited:
I'm not sure openhandhelds is still alive and taking submissions. I can download stuff, but when I tried to upload a file after signing up, it would not let me upload anything, giving "file URL invalid" errors.

downloaded, thanks for porting! <3
a nice filemanager is always good to have in your toolbox.i will give it a whirl next time when i'm on my beloved f-100 again. :cool:

I just saw the post above after adding some files to the first message. Doh! I'll post things to the GP2X resources board from now on.

I'm just curious: is anyone else still doing stuff for the GP2X? devkitpro with allegro, dumb, SDL libs etc. is only 270MB and the old compiler and tools binaries (from openhandhelds) still work on modern linux (Manjaro) so it is not hard work to get cross compiling for GP2X.

Last edited:
Reactions: rSl
Back