I/o Error

mevets

Still Fresh
I get an I/O error when my gp2x and sd card are mounted via the usb cable to Ubuntu Feisty Fawn. This completely prevents me from writing files to the sd card. Also, I noticed sometimes when I transferred files to the gp2x and it tried to find them in the explorer, they would not show up.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?
http://img257.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshoton9.png

Feisty is a incomplete system at the moment & won't be fully complete until the release date at the end of April.

You might have more luck with the official Ubuntu forum here, or by checking to see if a bug report has already been filed here.
Sorry, but it's kinda hard to help with something like that when the Ubuntu developers are still actively working on the version. Things just keep changing.

I do know that one of the main things they are trying to sort out at the minute, is the detection, mounting & un-mounting of Mass Storage Devices. This includes the way that the GP2X is detected.

You tried using a card reader? none of mine are working at the moment, but you never know :)

p.s. To make sure that your files aren't just hidden on the SD card, press Ctrl+h to show all files in the file manager.

EDIT3 lol: Don't use the USB cable that came with your GP2X. These have been known to cause problems too.

Tripmonkey_uk said:
Feisty is a incomplete system at the moment & won't be fully complete until the release date at the end of April.

Errr.... Ubuntu Feisty is already available since April 19 ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
reiboul said:
Tripmonkey_uk said:

Errr.... Ubuntu Feisty is already available since April 19 ;)

Oops my bad. I thought it was supposed to be completely released on the 27th.
In that case I need to start submitting lots of bug reports, as the devs have screwed up a hell of a lot of stuff for my laptop again :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Besides Feisty's release date, the only thing I could have said was : the GP2X card reader is sh*t, and the cable is often faulty. Hope open2x firmware will be better ;) (it it SURELY will)
you really should invest in a cheap SDcard reader :)

Sorry if that's not too constructive lol

*launches Feisty download before going to bed :p *

Back