Character Encoding

anr1963

Still Fresh
My desktop is a 64-bit machine running Kubuntu Feisty Fawn. All text is encoded as UTF-8. When I copy files onto an SD card for the GP2X I find various characters are greeked, which makes reading a bit problematic. I can use iconv to switch to a new encoding, but I need to know what encoding to use for the GP2x.

Anyone know what I should use ?

Andrew

AndrewR said:
My desktop is a 64-bit machine running Kubuntu Feisty Fawn. All text is encoded as UTF-8. When I copy files onto an SD card for the GP2X I find various characters are greeked, which makes reading a bit problematic. I can use iconv to switch to a new encoding, but I need to know what encoding to use for the GP2x.

Excuse the self advertising :p but you might want to take a look at GReader2X, it handles UTF-8 text fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Coder said:
AndrewR said:

Excuse the self advertising :p but you might want to take a look at GReader2X, it handles UTF-8 text fine.

Fine, but it seems to cut out blank lines between paragraphs/

Last edited by a moderator:
Back