I missed that Genesis emu :(

I really appreciate the effort involved in coding this. But the new release did not increase compatability with my existing rom images. Still playing GNG on it. Speed difference is negligable. Going to to try some Zip archives later in the day since it now supports these.

* EDIT - I have now tried some new roms which never worked with the old version. Nearly everyone I tried now works. Playing Gunstar Heros at the moment. Sweet as f***.

I liked how it runs on 132 MHz, seeing as I can't overclock. Worked with each ROM I tried. I can see it becoming full-speed in the future.

coolgpguy posted on Dec 27 2003 at 11:18 AM said:
in the emu it said its not a public release so i dont think he wants everyone to e-mail it to each other

that's a shame, i normally check this place every day but i'm a dad so on the 25th and 26th all my time went to my family

Last edited by a moderator:
any hints on getting it to work?? i cant do it. i select a rom and just get a blue screen with msx basic . am i missing something simple?? certainly looks very well made with all the menus and stuff

MeTaMoRpHiS posted on Dec 27 2003 at 12:23 PM said:
ive got it but i cant find any bloody games for it!!! can plz post any sites or roms.
Again, its against board policy to give out rom links or warez. You can find free roms over at www.pdroms.com but you will have to find commpercial stuff yourself.

any hints on getting it to work?? i cant do it. i select a rom and just get a blue screen with msx basic . am i missing something simple?? certainly looks very well made with all the menus and stuff
do you have all of your roms in gpmm/genesis?

tony posted on Dec 27 2003 at 12:19 PM said:
That'll be fMSX then! Maybe you went there after the link to fGEN was removed.

tony posted on Dec 27 2003 at 12:19 PM said:
Hmz, sounds like you tried to load genesis roms into fmsx.

Use a genesis/megadrive emu like fgen or genemu !!!

lol, barnesy was a little faster pointing this out

bugger, i was certainly there in time (just after it was anounced) evidently i downloaded the wrong file. should have checked it properly :(

If its not public release then why release it to the public? Even if it was just for 24 hours! Stupid if you ask me. Anyway I downloaded it but I haven't tried it yet so I can't comment on how well it runs!

B)

Neomorpheus posted on Dec 27 2003 at 03:47 PM said:
If its not public release then why release it to the public? Even if it was just for 24 hours! Stupid if you ask me. Anyway I downloaded it but I haven't tried it yet so I can't comment on how well it runs!

B)
Its a Christmas Present. <_<

Trooper

Back