I Lost My Cap, Is That Covered?

second exodous

Advanced Member
Well, I've read quite a bit on this forum and never heard of anyone loosing their caps, just lots of people thinking it was possible. It was in my front coat pocket for a few hours and when I went to play it the cap was gone. Is this covered by warranty? Do I need to contact the place I bought it from or GPH directly? This makes me mad, I don't think I should have to buy another cap. Is GPH going to actually make a new cap, I wouldn't mind paying shipping for a better cap like a thread on here said.

Thanx,
Stan

second exodous posted on Apr 21 2006 at 07:01 AM said:
Well, I've read quite a bit on this forum and never heard of anyone loosing their caps, just lots of people thinking it was possible. It was in my front coat pocket for a few hours and when I went to play it the cap was gone. Is this covered by warranty? Do I need to contact the place I bought it from or GPH directly? This makes me mad, I don't think I should have to buy another cap. Is GPH going to actually make a new cap, I wouldn't mind paying shipping for a better cap like a thread on here said.

Thanx,
Stan

Aha! This post makes it a bit clearer and you do indeed seem to be talking about the joystick.

PM Dave C, who will make you one of his Get a Grip jobbies. I've got one and it's great: easy to fit and so much more ergonomic than the standard one. $10 in the US; $11 outside and he'll post it the day after he receives payment.

Go on, get a grip! B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Vimacs posted on Apr 21 2006 at 07:43 AM said:
GPH's official replacement caps will soon be on sale, dirt cheap

ps: Clone deleted.
Opps, sorry about the clone, the first time I posted it came up with an error and didn't show up on the boards so I reposted.

Yeah, I'll wait for GPH caps to see what they are like, but I just thought that it should have been covered by the warranty.

Thanx,
Stan

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine fell off, too, and I'm still waiting to hear back from gp32z.com about the warranty stuff.

Any idea when the new cap will be done? I looked on gp2x.com, the official site, and I didn't see anything about it. Where did this news come from anyway? Can anyone confirm it? I think for now I'm going to go get a used N64 pad and cut the stick off of that while I wait.

Thanx,
Stan

I lost two caps. The stock one and a pretty new DaveC cap.
I'm playing now (and again) with the metal "ouch" part of the stick.
And DaveC takes no order for the moment... ouch

Back