I just found out there's an East Berlin in Pennsylvania...

Silent-Hunter

Hardcore Member
And my boyfriend and I were laughing about how that's not much further to Ingolstadt!

Just looked on Wikipedia, and also found lots of german city names in the USA..

So be carefull when you put your Destination in your GPS , between the original German Ingolstadt and the Ingolstadt in Amerika are several thousand miles, and the Atlantic..

They have many "german" City Names in the USA, isn't Frankfurt even a capitol city of one US State? I don't have all in my memory, alot cities and alot states. But Wakko can teach you all! :D

So be carefull when you put your Destination in your GPS , between the original German Ingolstadt and the Ingolstadt in Amerika are several thousand miles, and the Atlantic..

Just hold your breath if you get lost.

I am pretty sure these town names are because the people named them after the originals when they got to their new homes. (Many are also named after families or significant historical figures, both as town names and state names...then there are places named after traditional pre-European names or words and such).

As for North/South/East/West location names, these may just be used to describe what part of the place was being talked about. Although the city I live in is not that big, many people call the area I live in "north [city name]", as if it were the proper name. If this was done in the past it could have led to such place names. That is also my guess for North, South, and West prefixed states.

I eventually want to visit the Simpsons in Springfield...

Last edited:
Back