Funny That If You Exceed The Sd Card Capacity, You Have To Re-format &

Fruity

Still Fresh
I have a GP2x F100, only a few months old.

I bought a 2GB Kingston memory card which is compatible with the GP2X.

Using a Card Reader

If I accidently tried to copy more than 2GB of data accross I would get the usual error message - the device is full type of thing, which is perfectly normal, but now heres the strange part, Even if I then delete some data from the card it will not be recognisable in the GP2X !

If I go into utility and look into the SD card it will look as though it's empty even though it's not.

It doesn't matter how much I try to delete stuff off the card, it still will seem blank in the GP2X !

If I Format the card and start again it will work fine (as long as I do not try to overload it again).

Isn't this weird ?!?!

I have now bought a fantastic 4GB 150x Trancend and guess what............ IT DOES THE SAME BLOODY THING !!!!!!!!!!!

What's going on ?!?!

It seems that if you attempt to put too much on any SD card it sort of locks it up for the GP2X. However it will still work fine on the PC.

It took me days to put all my emulators and roms in the correct folders.......DAYS I TELL YOU !!!!!!!! :angry:

WORD OF ADVICE :- LEAVE AT LEAST 50MB OF FREE SPACE ON YOUR CARD, JUST INCASE YOU GO OVER IT'S LIMIT !

Has anyone else come across this annoying problem?

My F200 will be arriving before 1pm tomorrow and I will try the card on that - fingers crossed.

PokeParadox said:
Have you tried scan disk on the card before formatting?
No, what's Scandisc?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if you use Windows it's the disc checking program.
Right click the SD card then tools->scandisk or something like that... I'm in Ubuntu now, so aplogies for the vague instructions. And also apologies if you don't use windows (most people still do alas.)

I have a 4GB card and recently copied some large video files to it resulting in the "not enough space".

However I don't have any problems with the resulting file system afterwards.

What operating system are you using when you transfer files to it?

Have you tried another card reader?

What if you do the same thing using the built in USB file transfer?
Or even the Samba server?

Then something very funky is going on. Most likely dodgy code by GPH. I know there uboot code was frightening, but I'm assuming the Linux code is standard.

Back