I have decided

nolongeractive

Still Fresh
I have now decided and I think its best to send it back to you for a complete refund. I hope you understand that the Pandora is nothing for me. I'm used to Apple and Nintendo products and they have a better finnish. Of course I will pay the return shipping to you. I will send the unit and acessories back to you during next week because I am in Berlin this week on holiday. If you're located near Berlin we can possibly hand delivery to you if you like. Can I also send back all of Pandora accessories like the extra battery and the carrying case as well and they will be refunded. I don't need them in that case. Thank you for your help in service and I have now discovered that unfortunately the Pandora is not intended for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
This sort of thing happens behind the scenes quite often. It's just one of those things. It's also why I can sometimes seem to discourage people on the fence about buying a Pandora.

The costs of this sort of thing can often easily exceed $150.

^ Do you have this happen multiple times with the same customer, as ED has in this case, out of curiousity, Craig?

I just don't understand how someone can pay for a device as expensive as a Pandora and not do the research if this device is suited for you. There is no device like the Pandora on the Market. It may be a little rough around the edges, but what it can do is more impressive than how shiny the case is.

Honestly I believe if you don't have the patients for a package to be delivered nor waiting for someone to respond to the email, you will most likely not have the patients to use a Linux desktop environment, setting up emulators and other Pandora related activities..

There are some people that have been waiting since October 2008 for their Pandoras and haven't received them yet.. It angers me a bit..

I just don't understand how someone can pay for a device as expensive as a Pandora and not do the research if this device is suited for you. There is no device like the Pandora on the Market. It may be a little rough around the edges, but what it can do is more impressive than how shiny the case is.

Honestly I believe if you don't have the patients for a package to be delivered nor waiting for someone to respond to the email, you will most likely not have the patients to use a Linux desktop environment, setting up emulators and other Pandora related activities..

There are some people that have been waiting since October 2008 for their Pandoras and haven't received them yet.. It angers me a bit..

Yes, yes, yes. Software wise the Pandora is excellent, can't be better. It is just the hardware quality that isn't good. I didn't know that it was going to be this way when I ordered it. It looked good on the pictures and on the YouTube reviews. It was a big mistake I did.

Well both the units I have were fine.. No LCD issue nor case problems.. you had a bit of bad luck IMO..

Well both the units I have were fine.. No LCD issue nor case problems.. you had a bit of bad luck IMO..

I got 3 Pandora units from ED

-The first one had a scratch on the screen

-The second one had a non-working L-trigger

-The third one had a black spot behind the LCD and a unresponsive touchscreen.

I must have very bad luck, so I think it's better to give up.

I got 3 Pandora units from ED

-The first one had a scratch on the screen

-The second one had a non-working L-trigger

-The third one had a black spot behind the LCD and a unresponsive touchscreen.

I must have very bad luck, so I think it's better to give up.
You indeed had a very bad luck, and came to a wrong conclusion as you said "the hardware quality that isn't good".

Owning two units, i myself think the Pandora quality is far superior than many high-end devices from big manufacturers.

Do any mods want to clean this up a bit, it's not an ED question, this and yesterday's thread by emiger47 should probably be merged and moved to the support section should they not? :)

Honestly, quartercast, another one is likely to pop up anyway, especially considering that all of emiger47's recent questions and statements could have all gone into the first thread that he created in this section...

I didn't know that it was going to be this way when I ordered it. It looked good on the pictures and on the YouTube reviews. It was a big mistake I did.
And one that could easily have been avoided by not relying on pictures and videos alone. We have long had a stickied (formerly by itself, now in a newcomers'-info-thread) thread for user reviews, many of which are honest about the fact that the casing and finish are not like big-brand items. Not only that, but even a cursory browse of the Support section, though it is obviously naturally going to be negatively skewed (after all, it's meant for people to post their issues in - folks without them won't be posting much there), would have clued you in on what some common issues might be, also.

I hope that in the future, for your own wallet's sake, and the sake of the companies who have to take on costs for dealing with sending items back and forth multiple times if something is not for you, you make a bit more effort to find such information. This was readily available and easily found - it's not always so easily obtained (sometimes even for big-name items - personally, I often have a heck of a time trying to find reviews that actually have genuine and useful information from genuine users in them when I'm researching a product).

Strange.

Fix-the-Red-Ring-of-Death-without-towels.jpg

You have obligations to take back items simply because the user doesn't want it anymore? Even if they have had it for some time? Is there some kind of requirement for this service where you live?

It's ridiculous that this should be allowed at the expense of a rising price of the unit and the inability of OPT to fulfill outstanding orders made at the original price.

Good point Exo. Personally, and in this case, I am in favour of a refund minus restocking fee of 20-40%. It's better to make a clean break of it, given ED has allowed this back and forth process to begin. He knows better for next time :)

Unfortunately the customer can return the item for any reason, faulty or not, if it's bought online within a certain time period.

In this case Ed will probably even have to cover the return shipping, due to the 'fault'.

It's years of this stuff which turned me evil.

The customer rights in Germany are really tolerant and i try not to use them if not really necessary,

maybe because i'm building and selling niche-products too.

I don't know, if ED has not noticed some bigger faults in a line there, or if someone is just nitpicking,

but i cannot imagine, that he does not check his stuff.

That time period is usually 14 days in Germany, even if you return you product for defects within this period.

Yes, yes, yes. Software wise the Pandora is excellent, can't be better. It is just the hardware quality that isn't good. I didn't know that it was going to be this way when I ordered it. It looked good on the pictures and on the YouTube reviews. It was a big mistake I did.

When you say that the "hardware quality isn't good", I think you are overlooking some of the Pandora's great strengths. For instance, the button controls are excellent and also the audio system is superb (if you plug in some headphones). Unfortunately, it seems that you are looking for something shiny instead of taking the time to fall in love with your Pandora. :\

Back