I have an idea for a Pandora game. Anyone interested?

I gotcha. So, other than the pallet you are fine with the style? And as for the design of the ship and weapons did you have anything specific in mind such as colors?

In concept art I thought of the ship using a virtual item projection system, makes it very flashy. see, there's a circle of energy around the ship, the shield and the guns form on this circle. I guess it'll make more sense if you saw it, I'll get something uploaded tomorrow.
I 'll work on a design that can easily be rendered in 3d for zylox2. I say that we make really important things in the storyline make no sense to the player. Like, the engines don't work in the first ship,(even though there's a robot working back there), because the second ship was in the way of them(that's what the robot was working on). add sillyness.

player4 said:
In concept art I thought of the ship using a virtual item projection system, makes it very flashy. see, there's a circle of energy around the ship, the shield and the guns form on this circle. I guess it'll make more sense if you saw it, I'll get something uploaded tomorrow.
I 'll work on a design that can easily be rendered in 3d for zylox2. I say that we make really important things in the storyline make no sense to the player. Like, the engines don't work in the first ship,(even though there's a robot working back there), because the second ship was in the way of them(that's what the robot was working on). add sillyness.

^
I'm not sure I follow on the second bit.

A Beaver:

Everything seems fine to me. Maybe a little extra flair, but we can probably add that later on in a photo editor.

One thing that is necessary is experimentation. Never be afraid of just putting a bunch of random shapes together. You just may get something cool. *insert face here*

A Beaver said:
I forgot to ask, is the perspective top-down or viewed at the side?

Top-down.

Think "they are in our base killin our mans" without explaining that there was a base to star with. In planning, there is a perfectly understandable storyline. When presented to the player we just leave out reasons for things.
Okay, so the (ship) is loaded with explosives and is on course to Zylox. since there is no more room in the docking bay ,because of how many bombs needed, he stores the ship in the engine shaft, and the failsafe disables the engine. A robot was used to move the ship there and prep it for takeoff. The robot, I threw in just because robots are cool and we can present it there to think that the ship is broken and under repairs when in fact it's perfectly functional.
The player is only presented with a non-moving ship on course to an evil planet with only a shield and a gun and a hope that the engines will work on the last level.
This is just an example. I think just a little bit of weird does anything it touches good.

Back