I Have An Afterburner Gba W/ Flash Card And Games

mustardseed

Still Fresh
I bought this Orange (Japanese only color) right before the SP's came and I paid $140 for it. The Afterburner (SP-like light) was installed by yourhappyplace.com who is widely considered the best Afterburner installer. It is in great condition, as it wasn't played much after I bought my SP.

The games I'm selling are as follows:
Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Pokémon Sapphire
Fortress

I'm also including a Codebreaker and a flash2advance 64mb.

All boxes and instructions are included except with the Codebreaker. The Fortress box is a little banged up but the game is fine.

Pics are here:
http://mustardseed312.netfirms.com/gba.html

i want a flu gp32 for this. no flash card for a non-flu or maybe just not all the games if you want the flash card. thanks

ya see, i REALLY want a gp32. i thought a flash card with nes games on it would be just as good. and the nes is great on it. but now i really want movies and snes. so i don't really wanna part with the flash card unless i can get a gp32 soon after.

now if the offer is good enough, i may sell it. but i REALLY REALLY REALLY want a gp32. :)

actually you should sell you other games and GBA-AB

The flash cart may be useful to store GBA Emu/Rom on it *there is a GBA on GBA emulator, in which you can play basically any game ;D* and that way a gp32 and a full library of GBA games :p *no links, just what i would do because i am a cheap bastard*

sorry if i say...r u crazy or what?

i mean - i own a gp32 too, whit all the shit released , and i stick maself on playin gba instead of it....if u pull apart those 5 cool things, like divx player (nothing to say about it...but it needs some specific settings and u can't have full movies in it if u don't waste all ur 128mb flashcard space), the mp3 player , and 2/3 other good games. ...gp32 isn't that much.

Let's see: GpEngine is a Pcengine emulator, and gba got PCEAdvance, that itìs more compatable than it, thus, is developed by flubba

Nes emu? sure, gba is wonderful on that: check ereader things and more deeply, the wonderful PocketNEs made by Loopy and Flubba. The emu of the year 2003, regards handheld scene.

Sms? it's okee too, reesy is doing a wonderful job whit his DrSMS. Sms/GG compatable plus some kewl options.

Snes emu is real, loopy is deleloping it, and a video has been released running mario world. no frame skip, no shit, only plain emu at full speed. Btw, gba is more a snes "streched" in a small body.

Genesis? not it haven't one...Scumm is in developing, but Old sierra games r playable....

...plu gba features the wonderful OS, Pogoshell, that let manage ur gba like a windows os....so images, midi players, mp3 players, movies etc etc.

Gba have around 1800 games already released, and i can mention some of them that r wonderful, but if u are a "true" user u know what are.

Okee, another thing, no doom engine on gba. There is Doom one and Doom 2, largely optimized for gba, but no doom whit expansions like GpDoom, at his v9 release now.

Gb emulation? u have to choose, Goomba by flubba is totally awesome, and for a perfect emulation of gbc games, get a cheap gbbridge.

Flashcards now r up to 1 giga, whit rewind function, intelligent saves, etc etc... and kewl games r coming for gba: don't forget Metroid Zero Mission and Metal Slug Advance. Oh, Capcom Vs Snk too.

I wish to suggest: begin to put some money into a can and get a gp32 used/new but don't sell the gba. instead, buy a bigger flashcard. Sims busting out is 128mb as well as Lord Of The Ring: Return Of The King (that's what i'm playin now...cooooooool). I have 3 gba, 2 normal 1 sp and a spectacular Pearl White Gp32...i'm happy whit both of them :D :D

Gbatemp.net can guide u trough the gba world if u r confused.
I wish to say that i'm not discouraging buyers in this post, if u look, i suggest to pick a gp32 new or used, but it's good to have a gba too. gba is an handheld gaming experience peeps...
cheers.

i mean - i own a gp32 too, whit all the shit released , and i stick maself on playin gba instead of it....if u pull apart those 5 cool things, like divx player (nothing to say about it...but it needs some specific settings and u can't have full movies in it if u don't waste all ur 128mb flashcard space), the mp3 player , and 2/3 other good games. ...gp32 isn't that much.

If you ignore the GP doom and tons of wads, other classic gaming, the coder scene....Sure it's not much, if you ignore the games on GBA, it's not much either. plus, a 128 MB SMC costs less than a gigabit flash card (128 MB) so you could have one for a movie, and another for games and emus

Let's see: GpEngine is a Pcengine emulator, and gba got PCEAdvance, that itìs more compatable than it, thus, is developed by flubba

And PCE advance runs slower, and more scrunched up than GP engine

Nes emu? sure, gba is wonderful on that: check ereader things and more deeply, the wonderful PocketNEs made by Loopy and Flubba. The emu of the year 2003, regards handheld scene.

It is a great emu, but I gotta love the non-scrolling non-crunched NES emu on the GP32, Emu of the year in MY eyes

Sms? it's okee too, reesy is doing a wonderful job whit his DrSMS. Sms/GG compatable plus some kewl options.

Dunno anything there

Snes emu is real, loopy is deleloping it, and a video has been released running mario world. no frame skip, no shit, only plain emu at full speed. Btw, gba is more a snes "streched" in a small body.

Nah, GBA actually LACKS hardware the SNES had, (sound especially) and even if it is LIKE the snes, it can't directly PLAY snes games without porting, Plus, I highly doubt you'll ever squeeze a fully playable SNES emu outta the GBA.

Genesis? not it haven't one...Scumm is in developing, but Old sierra games r playable....

It has one, VERY VERY early in the works, but it has one. Here's hopeing it gets to full speed or near next release

...plu gba features the wonderful OS, Pogoshell, that let manage ur gba like a windows os....so images, midi players, mp3 players, movies etc etc.

Wind-ups, 'nuff said

Gba have around 1800 games already released, and i can mention some of them that r wonderful, but if u are a "true" user u know what are.

Not all of em are "wonderful" I'd say GBA has about 100 good titles, (counting GBC and GB) GP32 has many more (speccy, atari ST, NES, SNES, PC engine...)

Okee, another thing, no doom engine on gba. There is Doom one and Doom 2, largely optimized for gba, but no doom whit expansions like GpDoom, at his v9 release now.

This is correct

Gb emulation? u have to choose, Goomba by flubba is totally awesome, and for a perfect emulation of gbc games, get a cheap gbbridge.

The GP32 GB emulators need some work, I gotta admit.

Flashcards now r up to 1 giga, whit rewind function, intelligent saves, etc etc... and kewl games r coming for gba: don't forget Metroid Zero Mission and Metal Slug Advance. Oh, Capcom Vs Snk too.

Metroid's a remake, and metal slug will never match the neo geo ver :p and that's a GIGABIT, not a BYTE... it's 128 MEGABYTES, same as GP32 :p

I wish to suggest: begin to put some money into a can and get a gp32 used/new but don't sell the gba. instead, buy a bigger flashcard. Sims busting out is 128mb as well as Lord Of The Ring: Return Of The King (that's what i'm playin now...cooooooool). I have 3 gba, 2 normal 1 sp and a spectacular Pearl White Gp32...i'm happy whit both of them

Gbatemp.net can guide u trough the gba world if u r confused.
I wish to say that i'm not discouraging buyers in this post, if u look, i suggest to pick a gp32 new or used, but it's good to have a gba too. gba is an handheld gaming experience peeps...
cheers.

GBA is great for it's official games, but for it's emulation and features, i'll stick with my GP32.

I love the GBA and the GP32, but they are very diffrent, I'd sum it up like this:

The GBA is a bit like the megadrive/snes of its time while the GP32 is more like the Amiga/ST.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

i still have a silver SP. this was just an extra system i have. i have over 20 gba games so i dont plan on getting rid of the system anytime soon. i want the gp32 to compliment my SP and modded xbox.

If you ignore the GP doom and tons of wads, other classic gaming, the coder scene....Sure it's not much, if you ignore the games on GBA, it's not much either. plus, a 128 MB SMC costs less than a gigabit flash card (128 MB) so you could have one for a movie, and another for games and emus

ok, that's pretty stupid. I mean, 128smc r not priceless everywere and i'm not goin to buy 4 of them at 60 euros each for have a divx, 3 games, and emu smc. i'm a player not a maniac. Other thing: buy a flashcard is a matter of flavour. Gba have a wide range of carts, from 64 too 256, specially series 2 of F2a, wich now r less. just think what actually u can do whit them. And, i'm not talkin about emulation.

And PCE advance runs slower, and more scrunched up than GP engine

I dunno what release r u talkin about. Last one as well as the previous 2 and 3, suffer for that streched thing. But , hell yeah, comp is wonderful. We can play street fighter 2 as well as other games that hangs on gpengine. If the rules are valid for opensnes9x (slow games but playable) that rules work for pceadvance. currently playin bonks 3. Oh , the scrunched thing is about the gba screen. so, it's a matter of hardware, i don't get it as a bad aspect. If u play those on gba u know that the screen have that prob.

It is a great emu, but I gotta love the non-scrolling non-crunched NES emu on the GP32, Emu of the year in MY eyes

U can choose 3 strech options, to find what fits to u. Technically was the emu of the year, again, regard the handheld scene. The work, must admit it, it's wonderful.
I'm fine whit it, and i downloaded gp32 one and never played it. I'm just fine. "Emu of the year in MY eyes" it's ur problem man. i agree whit the coders out of there, cos they r makin things till the hardware say stop...as a coder too, i look at the technical realization and to his versatility: ur sentences r not from that point.

Nah, GBA actually LACKS hardware the SNES had, (sound especially) and even if it is LIKE the snes, it can't directly PLAY snes games without porting, Plus, I highly doubt you'll ever squeeze a fully playable SNES emu outta the GBA.

Not true mate. Gba Lacks only in sound. Technically,the gba has power and more power that an oldie snes. Thus, can't really explain the portings. Loopy it's puttin his effords on a great emu that shows that mario world still playable w/o speed hacks. this is good and basically normal, sound emultion will be the problem. Nothing much to say: instead to use the 16 channel we can use 4 under emulation...and the buttons r not a problem. Get a tech overview of both.

It has one, VERY VERY early in the works, but it has one. Here's hopeing it gets to full speed or near next release

YEah, as i said it's under developing. man i was not talkin about what has been released or not. btw Gp32 version, if not hacked, it's not full speed....althought i'm playing it like a mad. I've to finish Day Of Tentacles, u know.

Metroid's a remake, and metal slug will never match the neo geo ver.and that's a GIGABIT, not a BYTE... it's 128 MEGABYTES, same as GP32

I don't understand what the hell r u sayin. About that 128mb. I sed one giga, and it means to be one gigabit, not byte. who sed byte?
And, "metal slug will never match the neo geo ver" hey man if u wanna play a perfect conversion get a saturn or a neogeo. Metal slug on gba is a kick ass and personally, playin it in the metro, bus, house, doctor etc etc it's damn kewl. Besides, is one of those games that on gp32 will never exist. Peoples can't play forever Her Knights or that Kimchi-Chan (still don't understand why the review is so gentle...the game is ok but not that wonderful thing. my P.O.V.) Metroid is a remake, yes, but what a remake. u can't refuse to play a game cos u think that is a "remake". play it and discover a new experience. Want a masterpiece? Metroid Fusion, Wario Land 4, Wario Ware Inc. , Street Fighter Alpha 3, Super Street Fighter 2 X revival, Phalanx, Gradius Advance etc etc etc...

GBA is great for it's official games, but for it's emulation and features, i'll stick with my GP32

I totally agree mate. I don't say that gba it's the best or it's more cool than gp32 regards emulation: ur wrong, i jus listed what it can do or not. And users r jus pretty ok whit the gba scene now...i was complain about that "sell it for get one"
but it was a my error, cos i don't read that he got an sp too. Oh, and i never suggested to get rid of a gp32 for a gba. read well what i wrote. better save money and keep them both: gp32 can't give the games that gba have. Yeah, 100 of them on 1800 r good, but they r always 100. For someone, the r 400 - for someone other they r 50. who knows, matter of flavours.

The GBA is a bit like the megadrive/snes of its time while the GP32 is more like the Amiga/ST

Craig ur da man, u get what i was sayin. as i a gba related guy, part of gbatemp staff, it's normal that ill go for gba instead of gp32. but must admit it, gp32 kick ass so ur sentence fits me prefectly.

Anyway thanx for the discussion...it's been a while since ma last one. Be a gba respectable guy into a world that i don't know is cool. And is cool to have a match between our worlds.

regards
Doc

taras posted on Feb 3 2004 at 11:25 PM said:
Er, you can't use a GBA flash cart on a GP32 (ThndrShk2k)...
duh, you didn't read him say:
It is in great condition, as it wasn't played much after I bought my SP.
meaning he had a GBA-SP, in which he can put a GBAonGBA emulator on the flash cart and play virtually any GBA game on his GBAFlashKart

i am not silly and not knowing flash cannot go in GP32

Last edited by a moderator:
Back