I Have A Few Newbie Questions. Please!

one9six

Still Fresh
Hi everyone,
I am very new to this. I just got a GP2X from a pawnshop. It came with the unit and a usb cable. Was it supposed to have any thing else?

Also I dont have an sd card yet. I ordered one on ebay. But it wont be here for awhile. I thought the GP2X had internal memory. If so can I use that to store an emulator and and a few roms.

Also is there some software it was supposed to come with? If so where can I get it? And if anyone can give me any other help I more than welcome it.
Thanks!!!!!!

one9six said:
Hi everyone,
I am very new to this. I just got a GP2X from a pawnshop. It came with the unit and a usb cable. Was it supposed to have any thing else?

Also I dont have an sd card yet. I ordered one on ebay. But it wont be here for awhile. I thought the GP2X had internal memory. If so can I use that to store an emulator and and a few roms.

Also is there some software it was supposed to come with? If so where can I get it? And if anyone can give me any other help I more than welcome it.
Thanks!!!!!!

As far as I know, all the emulators and ROM images are stored in the SD card. F100/F200 comes with firmware installed (And some sample games).

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's an F100, you can install apps to nand quite easily, but it's much safer to wait for your SD card to arrive. Last thing you want to do is turn it into a brick.

Back