I had a leather holster made

Eight Bit

Hardcore Member
Website
Visit site
It's not perfect but looks very nice and works like a charm. The guy who made it for me said he had some ideas on how to improve it more.Especially the shoulder button openings didn't work out as planned but it works. Even the bottom button can be pushed while the Pandora is in its holster.

I'll order a new improved one when the Pyra comes out as I'm happy enough with this right now. ;)

If there's any other people interested in purchasing such a holster, please let me know. When I send him enough orders, he might make a better price. :D

Attachments

• IMAG0709.jpg
    IMAG0709.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 809
  • IMAG0710.jpg
    IMAG0710.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 750
  • IMAG0711.jpg
    IMAG0711.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 801
  • IMAG0712.jpg
    IMAG0712.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 794
  • IMAG0715.jpg
    IMAG0715.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 786
It's not perfect but looks very nice and works like a charm. The guy who made it for me said he had some ideas on how to improve it more.Especially the shoulder button openings didn't work out as planned but it works. Even the bottom button can be pushed while the Pandora is in its holster.

I'll order a new improved one when the Pyra comes out as I'm happy enough with this right now. ;)

If there's any other people interested in purchasing such a holster, please let me know. When I send him enough orders, he might make a better price. :D
I might be interested. Might they ship to the UK?

I might be interested. Might they ship to the UK?

As I would have to do that myself, yes :) I have no problem shipping abroad as long as the shipping cost is covered.

A holster like this will cost approx. 75 euro. It's completely hand made of rigory leather, also available in black.
Not as cheap as factory made holsters but hey, some guy is working on it for a couple of hours to produce a unique product and the result is well worth the money in my opinion.

I have a pretty good thing going with my Pandora right now, but I'd very much like something for the Pyra when It comes out. 75 EUR is reasonable for a hand crafted item like this.

As long as I can get a black one I want one :)

I know it might not be as sturdy as it is now but I suggest an other mechanism to put it on the belt.
I used this bag for my mobile phone and it worked reliable.
It's really annoying that I have to open my belt if I want to remove most holsters.

41VFJMLMoQL.jpg

If you put the holster opposite the side of the buckle where the loose end ends up, you just have to unbuckle the belt and unthread it through one or two belt loops max to remove it. I prefer the security of a holster that can't be lifted off a belt so easily myself.

I'm not sure I'm in the market for this myself. I had a phone on my belt for a little time (Ericsson P900) and I never quite got used to it. I appreciate the way this has openings for shoulder buttons, charging port and power switch though. For my Pandora I tend to carry it in a shoulder bag

I guess this might also act as a good case to keep it in inside my bag I guess. I'll have a think about that.

As I would have to do that myself, yes :) I have no problem shipping abroad as long as the shipping cost is covered.

A holster like this will cost approx. 75 euro. It's completely hand made of rigory leather, also available in black.
Not as cheap as factory made holsters but hey, some guy is working on it for a couple of hours to produce a unique product and the result is well worth the money in my opinion.
The price sounds fair to me (assuming it will be a good fit), and black would be certainly preferable :)

Definitely interested :)

Yeah, black is possible for sure but I don't know about those clips @Askarus
I can always ask ofcourse. But to be honest, eventhough it's less convenient, the belt ring feels a lot safer than a clip which can be knocked or pulled off.
I like it better personally. And The Pandora has to be taken out for usage anyway. I Just let the empty holster sit there in place during usage.

After using it for 1,5 day now I must say it feels nice to have such a sturdy home for my Pandora. Besides the convenience of being able to carry my Pandora around without it bulging in my pocket, It feels better when I put the device, in it's holster, in a bag or backpack now too.

And yes, it's a perfect fit even @ClockworkCoder . The leather was strained/formed around an extra case I have. It's a true made to measure.
It only fits nicely one way too. When putting the Pandora in the right way it just falls in to place, when inserted any other way it just doesn't fit well.

I will go there again when I have my Pyra (it's a 45 minute drive) so by that time I'll post here again to take any orders for Pandora and Pyra holsters. Meanwhile the Shoemaker and I will discuss on how to improve the holster. Idea now is to remove the bottom corners entirely to free the shoulder buttons. Ofcourse the Pyra holster will have it's headphones and charging port opened as well as the volume wheel in the front.
And maybe an opening to let the pyra logo shine through in the middle?

There's still some time to think things through I guess ;)

Also, a simple belt loop means this can also be used as a case to sit inside a larger bag, as it's simply a double layer of leather that doesn't really get in the way when not in use, unlike the hard plastic clip you'd need to make it removable from your belt.

I don't mind the stitched edge in front of the shoulder buttons - it means they're unlikely to be fouled by anything you encounter, especially if you've got it in a bag with other stuff. Of course, it'll need to be reworked for the Pyra's twin shoulder buttons, if anyone's getting one for that.

You could secure the belt leash part with buttons on one end. Not super flat but easily removable if you want to and possibly firm enough for the handstands and flying somersaults we do every day.

Might it be possible to up the ante and have it embossed with the Pyra logo? Ideally without it being a huge additional cost... I guess that may not be so easy though.

Might it be possible to up the ante and have it embossed with the Pyra logo? Ideally without it being a huge additional cost... I guess that may not be so easy though.

Yeah, Either that or a burn-mark logo but I figured it would be nice to be able to see the notification leds/logo plate too.

@Klumpen I have two of such pouches but it doesn't do it for me. I feel a bit silly with a nylon bag on my belt, it has a tourist fanny-pack feel to it while a leather holster has a tool feel to it. At least for me. Also I'm less afraid to bump the holster than a pouch against something hard.
I'm happy I finally have the perfect companion for my Pandora, an extra slit of leather on the inside of the flap or something, for holding some bank cards would be a nice addition for when I get the Pyra holster made.

@EvilDragon Could I get a prototype spare Pyra case to get started on a Pyra holster project?

I cannot say for sure I will buy one but it looks interesting to me. I'll follow the thread.

I reckon that was intended to switch/play/pause media tracks without getting it out of the holster.

Back