I do not understand the attraction.

@CocoCreekFisherman: You are not alone smoking Pandoraweed. Me too! This thing is addicted. The more I use it the more stuff I find out it can do. It has taught me so much Linux :)

Last edited by a moderator:
When I got my 1Ghz Pandora I'd considered turning in or selling back my CC Pandora.

Then I thought...  if my 1Ghz fails, what would I use while I'm waiting for a replacement?

My CC Pandora is gathering dust - but I'm not letting go of it.

It is not gathering dust... it is on standby. And all big brands do it. PowerHA. Cold Standby. Failover. v-motion...

My attraction to my Pandorae goes like this: they are handy little computers to have around and use, for pretty much everything.  Nevertheless Super Mario is about all the 'real gaming' that gets done, on the bus sometimes .. my two sons are very happy to play some old classics and get a chance to watch a movie or so, and in that capacity they are great.

My current favourite thing to do though, is give the 6-yr old an emulator, and boot the old 8-bit machines.  Since he's learning to read now, it is amazing to have him tuning into the good ol' BASIC .. I won't mention what we're doing with the real Atmos we have in our little lair, but it is a great thing too .. but frankly the Pandora, full of the 80's machines, is *glorious* to give to an interested child..

I'll be well and truly a member of the Pyra club, however it happens, as soon as it happens, and like a lot of you .. I'm really excited about it.  But I predict I'll have the Pandora collection still long, long into the future, running as long as they make it.  The machines are special.

Welcome to the club. :)

There are lots of reasons to fall in love with the Pandora, not only the device but the idea, the team and the community.

I don't know if I'm the only one, but the Pandora excites and awes me in the exact same way my very first computer did. Or maybe even more, it's like the product of a wild dream when I was a kid.

Back