I Could Use Some Suggestions

classicgmr

Website
Visit site
My son decided he didn't want a GP2X for his birthday so I sold it. It was working fine when it left here. The person that received it sent me this today:

I received it yesterday. Turned it on and it freezes
at the green loading screen. Also, the power switch is
loose and blurs the screen when it moves. Let me know
if you have any suggestions.

The unit is an MKI, it has 1300 mAhr rechargable batteries and both the 2GB and 1GB cards were formatted clean.

(Edit - I'm checking to see if this happens with cards inserted as well as not.)

Tell then to try better batteries - reformat the cards (FAT32) and 'caveat emptor' (let the buyer beware) :p

Who did you sell it to - ebay - friend etc?

What firmware was it running, mine is a mk 1 first ed and it always used to freeze utill I upgarded to firmware 2.0.0 and its never froze on startup since unless the batteries are dying :rolleyes:

dosteridge posted on Oct 6 2006 at 07:19 PM said:
Tell then to try better batteries - reformat the cards (FAT32) and 'caveat emptor' (let the buyer beware) :p

Who did you sell it to - ebay - friend etc?

What firmware was it running, mine is a mk 1 first ed and it always used to freeze utill I upgarded to firmware 2.0.0 and its never froze on startup since unless the batteries are dying :rolleyes:

It is running FW 2.0.0. It's never froze before when we had it. He did pay for insurance but I'm hoping to not have to do that since it would take a while for them to cut a check(or whatever they do). The cards were formatted FAT32 clean before I shipped it.

Maybe the batteries aren't up to snuff. I never tested the 1300 mAhr batteries with it as they were my camera batteries.

Last edited by a moderator:
dosteridge posted on Oct 6 2006 at 07:38 PM said:
I never tested the 1300 mAhr batteries with it as they were my camera batteries.

I would say it's the batteries, Personally I don't use anything under 2500 B)

Batteries FTW! He put in a set of Energizer rechargables and told me it fired right up. *whew* Thanks for the suggestions. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back