Rainbow Liberation Instigation
I get this error message:

"You have not yet installed a GBA Bios.

.The emulator will not run without it.

Please check the setup guide for more information."

What does this mean?

...Setup guide? Where... ? :unsure:

Could someone please point me in the right direction? :(

You need to drop the mentioned BIOS in the appdata directory for gpSP. It should work after that.

Are you referring to the rom images? I've put them in appdata/gpspwiz/GBA-Roms

It there a chance I have a corrupted pnd?

I'm pretty sure it's user error though. :)

No, you need a bios file. Basically, the firmware of the original GBA. Had the emulator writers included that with the emulator, they would have been sitting targets for a big fat nintendo lawsuit, since that most clearly is copyrighted by nintendo.

However, just like GBA roms, GBA bioses can be found on this interweb thing. I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to post any links on the forum, but a quick google (or a quick look in you PMs) might help you :D

No, you need a bios file. Basically, the firmware of the original GBA. Had the emulator writers included that with the emulator, they would have been sitting targets for a big fat nintendo lawsuit, since that most clearly is copyrighted by nintendo.

However, just like GBA roms, GBA bioses can be found on this interweb thing. I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to post any links on the forum, but a quick google (or a quick look in you PMs) might help you :D

Hey guys, sorry to open a dead thread, but just wondering, im having the same issue even though i have (hypothetically of course) put in the bios in the correct folder. the emulator loaded once, and then wouldnt again.

Any thoughts?

TIA.

I don't know about others, but I like it when people fix open ended threads. I hate finding a thread that has my question and the thread just leaves it hanging. Its like, "But... I search the vast wastelands of the internet and came to the right place! WHY DOTH THE INTERNET GODS MOCK ME!"

Hey guys, sorry to open a dead thread, but just wondering, im having the same issue even though i have (hypothetically of course) put in the bios in the correct folder. the emulator loaded once, and then wouldnt again.

Any thoughts?

TIA.
What hotfix version are you on? The not-opening-again thing sounds reminiscent of a problem that was apparently fixed by Hotfix 5.

Any thoughts?

TIA.
What hotfix version are you on? The not-opening-again thing sounds reminiscent of a problem that was apparently fixed by Hotfix 5.
currently on hotfix 5 and it ran once usiing that.

oh, and one more thing guys, do you know how to change where the program looks for roms when you open it?

Hi, I'm having the same problem except the problem is not fixed by restarting. My bios as such: in media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/gpspwiz/GBA BIOS.ROM

I'm running hotfix 5 with gpsp version 0.9.2.1 installed.

If i fix the problem and others come to this thread I'll let it be known what went wrong..

EDIT: It turns out i managed to get the wrong kind of file format... .rom istead of the correct .bin file

Last edited by a moderator:
Back