I am out ...

1rover1

Still Fresh
I was one of the first to put money into the Pyra but sadly my interests and priorties have changed. Over the course of my pre-order i have lost a little brother to cancer , lost a marriage and live in a different a country with my kids. So ... if anyone is interested in buying my pre-order slot for the price i paid then please let me know :) I do not want to ask for a refund - i believe ED is a kind person doing his best and he probably needs every penny of the money right now.

Sorry to hear about all your misfortunes.

Pyra is awesome, but it's secondary to family.

Anyway, please keep your head up, mate. Life itself is always shit but never forget that the Universe(s) is beautiful and almost infinite.

Reactions: rSl
All the best to you, 1rover1....

Hope things get better as time goes by...

I was one of the first to put money into the Pyra but sadly my interests and priorties have changed. Over the course of my pre-order i have lost a little brother to cancer , lost a marriage and live in a different a country with my kids. So ... if anyone is interested in buying my pre-order slot for the price i paid then please let me know :) I do not want to ask for a refund - i believe ED is a kind person doing his best and he probably needs every penny of the money right now.

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing hardship. As above, put your family first.

From the thread title I had expected this thread to be a rage quit. It probably is not any solace, but your post required me to reconsider my initial thought.

2x on putting this into the trading section.

Also of note, currencies have fluctuated considerably since the lot of us pre-ordered. You may want to consider how much of what currency you paid as well as what the current pre-order rate would translate to in that currency. Depending on the direction, your pre-order may be worth the same or more or less to someone in another region. So, you'll likely need to state how much of what currency.

ED does process refunds and new orders fairly regularly though (as the numbers image thread shows). That may be a more expedient and reliable way to get your funds back. Though if you do have a really low order number (sub 100), that may spark someones interest.

Really sad to hear that :(
I hope you'll have better times soon!
I wish Pyra development would've been faster... I never imagined it would take that long... and you can surely imagine how happy I will be once everything is finished!

my PCB was 62/200 - maybe i should see it out , might cheer me up , just dug out the pre-order PCB and its made me reconsider.
[doublepost=1535565668,1535565527][/doublepost]
Really sad to hear that :(
I hope you'll have better times soon!
I wish Pyra development would've been faster... I never imagined it would take that long... and you can surely imagine how happy I will be once everything is finished!

Thank you Ed - yeah its only when you look back you realise how long its been - life has changed so much. Nothing can replace those lost - the other changes were more positive other than the stress they cause.

Thank you Ed - yeah its only when you look back you realise how long its been - life has changed so much.

True. The long time it took was mainly because of companies not doing their job as good as good as expected and lack of funds (otherwise, I could've just hired a company to find the 4GB RAM issue... they could've fixed it in a few weeks but it would've cost 20k EUR).
Sometimes I wish I never started it - and I'm really really grateful for all the great support and patience I receive here :)
But then again, I see the interest that's still there and I know we can improve and upgrade it in the future, so I'm trying my best to continue, even if I'm worn out sometimes :)

Nothing can replace those lost - the other changes were more positive other than the stress they cause.

True :( Luckily, I haven't lost anyone recently, but I know this can be really hard and life-changing.

all the best 1rover1 for your future life from me too!
if you feel you need someone to talk... we're... here.

I hate that you've suffered tremendously and it has come to this point where you feel you won't have time to play with the Pyra.

It's important that you look after your mental health and I hope you have something to distract you from the bad things in your life :(

Reach out if you need hey?

Life is the bitch sometimes, hopefully, things will eventually work out for you, I wish you the best of luck!
:)

Glad to hear that. The Pyra is quite a unique device/project

But really, if you change your mind, I don't think you should feel bad about asking for a refund. Those thing happen.
A few cancellation and a few new order here and there... seems to equate out overall.
Issue would be many people cancelling.

I'm sorry for your loss, and I understand you need the money you paid back. But that doesn't mean you have to leave us. Just remember that we'll always be here for you. I hope all the best for you and your kids.

Back