Hypersports Controls

fragglerok

Still Fresh
am i imagining it or have the controls for hypersports and track and field changed? i though they used to be on the buttons but now i have to use the joystick ( especially difficult on clay pigeon shooting)

fragglerok posted on Aug 23 2005 at 09:38 PM said:
am i imagining it or have the controls for hypersports and track and field changed? i though they used to be on the buttons but now i have to use the joystick ( especially difficult on clay pigeon shooting)

No you're right, they've changed. After some experimentation I decided that the joystick was the best option. The only drawback being, as you've pointed out, the clay pigeon shooting.

The controls were previously back to front in "normal" rotation, with B doing the right and A doing the left. Also using the select button for some events is really inconvenient, as on BLU units it can turn the light off if held for too long.

Personally I was quite happy with the changes (apart from clay pigeon shooting), as it means you can play in vertical rotation with the joystick and the start button. And I've got some pretty impressive results in any running events. In Track & Field (Hypersports sister ROM) I have for the 1st time (in any port of this game) gone under 10 seconds on the 100m.

If everyone hates the changes though, then they can be changed to something else.

Last edited by a moderator:
thegrimreaper posted on Aug 23 2005 at 08:52 PM said:
fragglerok posted on Aug 23 2005 at 09:38 PM said:

No you're right, they've changed. After some experimentation I decided that the joystick was the best option. The only drawback being, as you've pointed out, the clay pigeon shooting.

The controls were previously back to front in "normal" rotation, with B doing the right and A doing the left. Also using the select button for some events is really inconvenient, as on BLU units it can turn the light off if held for too long.

Personally I was quite happy with the changes (apart from clay pigeon shooting), as it means you can play in vertical rotation with the joystick and the start button. And I've got some pretty impressive results in any running events. In Track & Field (Hypersports sister ROM) I have for the 1st time (in any port of this game) gone under 10 seconds on the 100m.

If everyone hates the changes though, then they can be changed to something else.
better had option of joystick or keys to my wishlist then. Joystick has messed with my rhythm for the hurdles :) used to be able to ace that :( on the plus side 9.6 in the 100m

I like the new controls, I only play track and field though and dont recall clay pigeon shooting, was that just in Hypersports?

Still a lot of games with back to front keys though like wonderboy, whats the chances of redefinable keys? Via a text file maybe if its too hard to build into the front screen?

Thanks for the work to date though.. :)

fragglerok posted on Aug 23 2005 at 08:38 PM said:

well 4200 1st attempt ... whats the problem ????? just press left & right accordingly..

(btw Reaper 100 m in under 10 sec 1st time :))) im my best days of bloody fingertips i ran under 7 sec in the arcade version
mame 1st time 9.00 with stick...... and 97something in javelin...

thx so much franxis '& reaper .... its really playable now

pongplaya posted on Aug 23 2005 at 11:07 PM said:
well 4200 1st attempt ... whats the problem ????? just press left & right accordingly..

(btw Reaper 100 m in under 10 sec 1st time :))) im my best days of bloody fingertips i ran under 7 sec in the arcade version

I used to ace the clay shooting everytime, 7200, but now it's trickier with the smaller screen and joystick controls.

And I like the challenge, maybe we should start a competition (scores can be verified with the save files). I've now got down to 8.97 secs in 100m, but I can't match 97m in the javelin, is that with version 1.6?

thegrimreaper posted on Aug 23 2005 at 10:39 PM said:
pongplaya posted on Aug 23 2005 at 11:07 PM said:

I used to ace the clay shooting everytime, 7200, but now it's trickier with the smaller screen and joystick controls.

And I like the challenge, maybe we should start a competition (scores can be verified with the save files). I've now got down to 8.97 secs in 100m, but I can't match 97m in the javelin, is that with version 1.6?

yep its ver 1.6 ... for my age i still got quick fingers.. (my parkinson helps) i had like 1302 speed (bonus when u kinda hit the "bar" on the last spot helped) and 46 angle unfortunately i did not save... but i dont think its a problem to repeat that :)
(i really played the arcade until my fingertips were totally destroyed)

maybe also a competition for all events 1 round
..... pls no overall highscore i dont have the time to play like 20 hours and the batteries wont last that long (no i dont have a ps for my gp)

Back