Hype, Maybe Fake.

raindog

I just found this blurry video where you can see an hypotetical N64 emulator running in Wiz, a port of Devil 64. There´s also a thread about it in the wiz´s german forum. Here are the evidences:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfC3Exa1YeA

http://forum.gp2x.de/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=9631

What do you think? Is it a fake?

WOAH! If that's real that's VERY VERY impressive! The forum thread shows pictures of the wiz with Zelda on the screen, however, the video is extremely blurry and I couldn't make out whether it's the wiz or not - could be just a video playing.

The guy on the forum seriously discusses what he has done and stuff, so I doubt it's really that fake (unless he's just trying to get attention). The video MIGHT be fake. But so far - fingers crossed ;)

i've read the german thread, it doesnt seem it is fake ... but you never know. i'll keep fingers crossed :)

so i write down here, after the english Commentar of my Video, i think i found sonthing here.

Sorry, my english writing is poor, reading is more easy for me but writing.

The Devil64 is not a fake, its just a Programm, written 99 / 2000, and closed after 2001 ( it s release for Projekt 64 at this time, so there was no need to build further Versiones).

Based was this Emu for a small CPU of Celeron and a ATI Rage Pro Card. Now it s just compiled and changed for the Wiz, the Gui is new (on Wiz) and the Rest is in Progress. At this Time, there are many Grafik issues ( Failures ?) and Game crashes in Town or in the Deku Tree. My first test of majors mask was unhappy - the game dont start, i dont know why, there is many work to do.

At this Time the Controls are in Work,(only Alpha in Compiled Version) and at Juli ( 06 / 2010 ) will be the open GL made in a new version - made for the wiz i dont know how to write this correkt in english.

sorry for the bad video Quality , my cam issnt the best.
I hope you understand and sorry for this poor english - reading is easyer for me.

CR

CrazyRetro said:
so i write down here, after the english Commentar of my Video, i think i found sonthing here.

Sorry, my english writing is poor, reading is more easy for me but writing.

The Devil64 is not a fake, its just a Programm, written 99 / 2000, and closed after 2001 ( it s release for Projekt 64 at this time, so there was no need to build further Versiones - so devil just was a Brother to Ultra HLE
and after Closing HLE, and the Release from Projekt 64 (not by me, oter makers) there was no need to programm
a new emulator, if P64 dos great Work, so ouer projekt was closed.

Based was this Emu for a small CPU of Celeron and a ATI Rage Pro Card. Now it s just compiled and changed for the Wiz, the Gui is new (on Wiz) and the Rest is in Progress. At this Time, there are many Grafik issues ( Failures ?) and Game crashes in Town or in the Deku Tree. My first test of majors mask was unhappy - the game dont start, i dont know why, there is many work to do.

At this Time the Controls are in Work,(only Alpha in Compiled Version) and at Juli ( 06 / 2010 ) will be the open GL made in a new version - made for the wiz i dont know how to write this correkt in english.

sorry for the bad video Quality , my cam issnt the best.
I hope you understand and sorry for this poor english - reading is easyer for me.

CR

Last edited by a moderator:
instead of using opengl you could alos create a 3d renderer using the wiz hardware directly without the opengles_lite wrapper in between. maybe this helps getting more performance for the emulator? if you're interested, senquack from the forums here uploaded the databook to http://www.mediafire.com/?wgytylzlczf ...

your project looks really promising, good luck with it!

crow_riot said:
instead of using opengl you could alos create a 3d renderer using the wiz hardware directly without the opengles_lite wrapper in between. maybe this helps getting more performance for the emulator? if you're interested, senquack from the forums here uploaded the databook to http://www.mediafire.com/?wgytylzlczf ...

your project looks really promising, good luck with it!

thank you -> i have downloadet the PDF and will see. Open GL and Renderer, are not my best Parts, it s a good Frind of Mine that have early the Emulator build with me together. He helps me to rebuild the 3D for the Wiz.

At this Time, i am searching for the Light Calculating and Functiones - the are my 1st and greatest Problem in the Emulator at this time (Grafik Issues, and i have a "grey wall" all over the Screen (you see if the Castle is displayed) so that Light is "on" or "off" in Calculating - i am searching now for the issue - just, there so many work to do, even with one i must beguin *g*

Will see if i can up a better Video from the Emu, so that the Intro is better to see, and the Grafik Issues.
The Game Crash, is the second Thing, first the Grafik must be ok - crash is only such thing of Ram oder Dum Problem, there must be an issue in the dump i think, so i must build it new :( 36 Minutes for Zelda OOT at this time :(

very thank you, and sorry but i will bring my german thread first "up to date" so my english writing sucks :( It s a cool language, but so many various words and grammatik kills me lol

Greetings :D
CR

Very nice! How do the controls work? (I think N64 had a bunch of buttons and the analog stick) Also do you think you'll get it to playable level at some point? It's a Good thing that someone is using the GL acceleration.

Nice ;)

The revolution is comming!

5-50 Megs games with playstation-like 3D (excellent for small SD cards ;) )
Seems to run pretty smooth on that video ;)
Finally some N64 Emulator :p

Controls so i worked on.

At this time is Planed :

Nintendo / Wiz

A / A
B / X
Yellow up / y
Yellow right / B
Start / Touch Screen (or Start at this time)
Select / Change Controls
Z / left Tigger
yellow left / right Tigger
yellow down / Select + right Tigger no great Use in Zelda

Analog Pad / Wiz Pad

Nintendo Digital Pad

Up / Select + Y
Down / Select + X
Left / Select + A
Right / Select + B

Left Tigger / Select + Left Tigger
Right Tigger / Start or other, i dont know at this time.

It s like i say - only a Alpha. The Idee was to look, if devil even start up on Wiz. That this work, is the greatest Thing from all. Rest - i see, the Basic Running, is the hardest Thing.

@SaS - i think this will not happen. N64 Devil is made to run Zelda, there is no other Game in Focus.
I will hope, to get it playabel and i hope it will not crash when Alpha is released.
For other Games, i made no support. I will up this as Devil Alpha v1.0 and make it open Source. For me only
is the Game Zelda the Point of this Emulator.

-> SD Card <- have 16 up to 32 GB.
Zelda OOT dumped incl Swap File for Emu, takes 250 up to 280 MB at this Time.
So only 1 Rom up to 300 MB, this will cost many Space. The next Thing is, all on Racing Games, will not
be playable. Devils skipps up to 9 Frames, to reach 10 - 18 Frames, on low sequences up to 22. There is
no Fun to playing Racing Games or sonthing. Mario ect. was run on Devil early (anno 2001) but i dont
have testet. Only Game i test at this Time, is Zelda.

Controls i think will be ready on Weekend.
Open GL will be coming soon, there is hard Work to do. at this time are to many bugs and issues.

CR

Hope it's real (I wouldn't be surprised if it is or isn't).

This kind of situation happened with the GP32 and GP2X.

We thought a SNES emulator was impossible on the GP32, but it came.
We thought a GBA emulator was impossible on the GP2X, but it came.
We though a N64 emulator was impossible on the GP2X Wiz, but will it come?

I do think an N64 emulator is possible on the Wiz, although from the video I didn't expect it to run THAT good.

hm
i go off for today, but :

"run that good", i hope i can make a better Video - this is not good, the Speed ist just "ok" but noch so good it looks (only 9 - 13 Frames, here or there 18, this is not so fast it looks.

I see what i can do ( on video Quality) but i have som other things to do, the last week was only a wiz week, now i must do sonthing for my job. I think the next video or infos, come on weekend, if i have the time.

And - @ all others :
please look clother to the video, only the grafik issues are horror, the Speed is not so good like any one
thinks ( look at the Castle, if the world is showing - that s slows down to frameskip of 9 ) this is not playable, but running. Looks better than it is - but, it s still in work, so please let me a little time.

next i see,is a better video, so i can find help here, for the grafik issues, and hope, i am writing a good enugh english, to be understandet. in 06 2010 the emu will be better, on the 05.06. i visit a good frind, that have build this thing with me together, than we look that we can do. I see if i can make a better video, becourse the issues are havy.

CR.

There's no way a port of any N64 emulator would run this well. "Brother of Ultra HLE" seems to mean fork, and UltraHLE isn't even portable, since it has plenty of non-conditionally compiled x86 ASM. Nothing could possibly run this smoothly on Wiz while both on interpreter or software rendered video; either alone would make this a slide show and even with neither it still probably wouldn't run this well.

I've never actually heard of Devil64 - google reveals nothing but this thread. I was big into breakneck N64 emulators back then so I doubt I would have missed something unless it was a completely pointless fork.

The claim that it's being ran at frameskip 9 isn't at all supported by the video that is clearly much smoother than that. The usual promise dates for releases are all too familiar with hoaxes... if this is real release a binary. Otherwise I call definitely fake, with the only thing helping this person being the obfuscation filter the complete lack of intelligible English provides.

[quote name=Animan] Hope it's real (I wouldn't be surprised if it is or isn't).

I do think an N64 emulator is possible on the Wiz, although from the video I didn't expect it to run THAT good.[/quote]

Speak for yourself - I didn't think SNES to the level it was achieved was impossible on GP32 and I certainly didn't think it with GBA either. But I do think it with N64 and this video, so think what you will.

Sorry, if already asked before, but are blurry YouTube "look what I've got" vids intentionally made to be blurry (they purposely use crap camera, etc. to film the vid) to create more suspense, thus tease the target audience?

Exophase said:
There's no way a port of any N64 emulator would run this well. "Brother of Ultra HLE" seems to mean fork, and UltraHLE isn't even portable, since it has plenty of non-conditionally compiled x86 ASM. Nothing could possibly run this smoothly on Wiz while both on interpreter or software rendered video; either alone would make this a slide show and even with neither it still probably wouldn't run this well.

I've never actually heard of Devil64 - google reveals nothing but this thread. I was big into breakneck N64 emulators back then so I doubt I would have missed something unless it was a completely pointless fork.

The claim that it's being ran at frameskip 9 isn't at all supported by the video that is clearly much smoother than that. The usual promise dates for releases are all too familiar with hoaxes... if this is real release a binary. Otherwise I call definitely fake, with the only thing helping this person being the obfuscation filter the complete lack of intelligible English provides.

[quote name=Animan] Hope it's real (I wouldn't be surprised if it is or isn't).

I do think an N64 emulator is possible on the Wiz, although from the video I didn't expect it to run THAT good.

Speak for yourself - I didn't think SNES to the level it was achieved was impossible on GP32 and I certainly didn't think it with GBA either. But I do think it with N64 and this video, so think what you will.
[/quote]

Well, I will agree, I want an actual release. I don't care about how many bugs or that pathetic "only I know how to make run" crap.

Who knows. Maybe he should post another video with him pushing buttons, and showing the button lock switched off.

It is interesting to note that he says it's only made to run "Zelda". He never mentions which one (besides the video showing Ocarina of Time). Maybe he's just using this as a cover-up so he doesn't have to make another video with a different game, if it is fake and it's just a video.

"Only made to run Zelda" is pretty dumb too of course. Don't bother feeding this with more video requests, don't accept anything less than a binary. People have gone to great lengths to fake N64 emulation on handhelds (go look up NWorksDev)

this is the Thing i have waited for. It s always the same, do what ever you want, it s always a fake.

Your binaro, you will have, but at the time, there the binary is ready, and not befoure.

*never heard of devil*
look at the german thread, thete i wrote enugh why.

*brother of Ultra HLE*
i never wrote - it s ultra HLE, i wrote it s a Brother of Ultra HLE.

If i have heared "post on .com" i know it will go this way. It goes ever this way. But it s ok, just fergot it, i will make in future closed things, after i have a binary for you, think and do what ever you want. I have no time and no fun to battle or diskuss about fake or no fake. greater than this, will be a help a pn or question after sources of GL and take a look to it, but to say "all is fake".

but 1 thing on this is great :
if it s fake, now i have any time i want, so believ what ever you want.

sorry, but it will be not the point, to make any fakes. If i want to make a fake, i have better videos, and i dont have to made an N64, for a Fake i take PSX or sonthing, not a N64 that only plays zelda. lol.

in one Thing you right, and this is my foult, it was a mistake, to upload sonthing, it was also a mistake, devil to wrot, the problems with the HLE Crew at this time, are the Problems to never release a Devil at his time. but, why should i am talking about fakes. You right, i am wrong, all great, and - i have time, and dont like to talk about further.

CR.

to the end, one Thing again :

"Not to post further Videos"
I want to post further, like to show how the emu works and other, but i will do this private, not for all in future. I dont want Threads like this, this is just no sence.

"only zelda"
But have you think about, that there more is, than only a Intro ?

Just it s the point : it will be usefuller to make the brain rotating, and to clear the issues i have, not to talk about fake and no fake. Just thanks here for the PDF , rest is also i have waited for, it s eaven the same, i know this. there is no problem, a little, i understand you.

A binary will be released, but first the playing of game must be ok, i dont want any pandorra port befoure wiz. Also i wrote befoure 1 Week. And so in future, i only make, and give closed informations. I think, others make this as a promote ready, at the time there the binary is ready. For me, i dont want to diskuss about fake or no fake, and see no need, to update the infos about a "fake" or, for a new "it s fake, it s no fake" Diskuss.

Just to the end :
the hardware need for N64 is lower you think, and the Wiz - can display, you will see in future.

sorry for the bloor video, i only wanna show the status, not to disturb any one. So i have to lucky about the thing that the Programm work, so i newly learned : never show any one anything befoure it s ready, so always its a fake. And, if my Part will be, to make a fake, i try PSX, becourse a N64 that runs zelda alone, that a fake. Great. And all this with Graphik Issues and Foults, and the comment that the Game crashs. Or if you translate same :

I have an emu
that dont works
and with bad Graphik
and it runs only zelda.

lol, great staff for Fakes. Really, great.
so i sad : believe what ever you want, i update here not again, same after release, becourse, why ? to talk about binarys that fakes are? It s ok to think so, but its usefuller to help and to rotate the brain about issues and the Point of Converting - but to talk about fakes.

so, just let it here as a fake, and it s ok.
So for me is time to fit sonthing, without this Diskussiones, and to release silent, anything.
Just one thing i learned : never ask for help - or - programm defender in new version, this will be also a
fake if it s have colors ?

CR

I´m sorry for open this thread, seeing your reaction, at least i´m regret for the title i put. But i didn´t know nothing about this emulator , the only thing i have was the video and a german thread that i couldn´t understand. I just want to find if anybody knows something about it.

So i apologies for making this thread, i was just curious, and because everybody says that a N64 is impossible in the Wiz i was also skeptical. I didn´t meant to offend you, so sorry.

no problem with it.

I can understand the Comments, i dont know how i think, if any other this shows. If tomorrow any one comes, and make a PSX Video, i always ask how, becourse, the PSX i think cant be made on wiz, but, if any one make - it s ok.

The N64 i know, the PSX format - i dont understand. That s the point. At his time, was sayd : "never become a N64 to work on a little celeron, without 3Dfx and only 32mb of Ram. And ? it worked.

After the Point was :
never become to work a UltraHLE with a Direkt 3D Card - same Configuration, and - it works.

There is no problem with the Thread, i only worry about myself to show so early versions. It s normal that this make some threads like this.

CR

Back