How Would You Explain The Gp2x?

evilmegaman

Still Fresh
Hey, I was wondering.. How would you go about explaining the GP2X to someone who knew virtually nothing about computers or games... I tried really hard once.. But I found it was near impossible. So if you ever explained it to a non technical person... How the hell'd you do it in a way they'd understand?

Why would someone who knew nothing about computers or games be interested in a device like the GP2X? Surely they wouldn't have much nostalgia with games if they know nothing about them. They should get a Wii or something instead.

That'd probably be about as difficult as explaining to a non-technical person why Firefox is better than Intarwebs Exploder.

nickspoon posted on Aug 16 2006 at 08:56 PM said:
That'd probably be about as difficult as explaining to a non-technical person why Firefox is better than Intarwebs Exploder.

I totally agree with you nickspoon! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
nickspoon posted on Aug 16 2006 at 07:56 PM said:

Or why Opera is even better than Firefox. :D

Trooper

He didn't say they weren't interested in classic games; just that they weren't technically sophisticated.

I usually just explain that it's like a tiny computer, made by a small company in Korea, that can play music, videos, view photos, play original games or 'pretend' it's another system to play classic games. That's how I found it's easiest to explain emulation, the system is 'pretending'.

Great topic!

I get a lot of "Hey, is that a new PSP?" or "What kind of Gameboy/PSP is that?" I usually explain it as a device that you can program your own content for ... that either interests them enough to ask for more details, or turns them off completely, leaving me alone with a polite "Oh, cool ... ".

I actually convinced 3 of my co-workers to get one :D

I just say that it's a portable media device, that can play most video files from the internet without re-encoding them & it can also play tons of free games.
That's normaly as much as I need to say, before they get interested enough to actually have a mess about with it.
***EDIT***
All else fails, I just put Metal Slug on the NeoGeo Emu ;)

TelcoLou posted on Aug 16 2006 at 09:57 PM said:
Great topic!

I get a lot of "Hey at is that a new PSP?" or "What kind of Gameboy/PSP is that?" I usually explain it as a device that you can program your own content for ... that either interests them enough to ask for more details, or turns them off completely, leaving me alone with a polite "Oh, cool ... ".

I actually convinced 3 of my co-workers to get one :D

You are definitely worth the Guru pic TelcoLou! :lol:

I don't.
Them: Hey what's that?
Me: What's what?
Them: that black thing in your hand
Me: there is no black thing in my hand...
Them: Yes there is...
Me: you must be seeing things, go get some rest okay?

Saves plenty of time :)

I usually just explained it by saying: it plays old games and some videos.

But that always turns people off thus I made this thread ;)

trooper posted on Aug 16 2006 at 03:07 PM said:
nickspoon posted on Aug 16 2006 at 07:56 PM said:

Or why Opera is even better than Firefox. :D

Trooper
Hey the Trooper's back!

As for the explaining, why would you? Do you miss " :ph34r: how doo u send gamez to gp32x :( <_< :angry: :blink: :lol: :lol: :lol: gp32_console B) " threads?

-Alex

Back