How to uninstall LXDE?

fritata

Anyone know how to uninstall LXDE? I need to uninstall it so I can install Openbox.

No, he means lxde (this PND is now broken).

I can't give you an exact answer, because the original LXDE Installer installed ipks that no longer exist, so I don't know what dependencies they brought in. The ipks it installs are:

angstrom-task-lxde
lxde-common
task-lxde-apps
openbox-theme-clearlooks
lxsession-lite
openbox
You probably won't be able to remove them directly, because opkg will complain about other files depending on them (particularly the 2 with 'task' in their name as these are meta-packages - they don't have any content, but force other packages to be installed by listing those packages as dependencies).

I think the best way is to try to remove each one (e.g. by typing "sudo opkg remove angstrom-task-lxde"), noting down the name of the package(s) that are stopping you removing it, and running opkg again to remove those packages. You'll have to keep doing it for each one, until you get them all.

After you've done that, you'll want to edit /etc/pandora/conf/gui.conf to remove the LXDE entry.

------

Incidentally, I'm guessing that it's only the "openbox-theme-clearlooks" ipk that's stopping you from installing openbox, so it may be that it's the only one you *really* need to remove.

Yes freamon, you're right about that. If I reflash it, it should remove it right?

Back