How To Run Metal Slug?

Metal-Geo

Still Fresh
Website
www.frzi.com
Yeah. Me again. I'm really glad how you guys helped me with the joypad thing.

But another question. How do I make the NeoCD reconize my Metal Slug rom? I just downloaded the rom (don't know if I can tell the site :p). And just changed the zip name to NeoCD.zip.
Now when I run NeoCD it just goes black, shows a black arrow (from SDL) and then quits.

Would it be too much to ask for a tutorial? :)

Kind regards,
Metal-Geo

But another question. How do I make the NeoCD reconize my Metal Slug rom? I just downloaded the rom (don't know if I can tell the site :p). And just changed the zip name to NeoCD.zip.
Now when I run NeoCD it just goes black, shows a black arrow (from SDL) and then quits.

Kind regards,
Metal-Geo

The ROM should contain an .iso and some .mp3's I removed the .mps's because sound does not work yet, then extracted the .iso with winrar the zipped the extracted .iso contents and renamed it neocd.zip and put it in the same directory as the emulator .gpe file.

I read afterwards that some people has it working with a .zip of the .iso with out extracting it first, but not for me.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kind regards,
Metal-Geo

The ROM should contain an .iso and some .mo3's I removed the .mps's because sound does not work yet, the extracted the .iso with winrar the zipped the .iso and renamed it neocd.zip and put it in the same directory as the emulator .gpe file.

I read afterwards that some people has it working with a .zip of the .iso with out extracting it first, but not for me.

Cheers.

Here's what I did, I have the original NeogeoCD game so I could get to the game files without any problems - I zipped them into neocd.zip and stuck them in the root of the sd card. The emulator itself with all the supporting files I also stuck in the root of the sd and it works albeit with a frameskip.

I had the emulator in a games directory before and it just wouldn't load. now it does. So some stuff just has to be in the root for it to function:

a800 emulator
frodo
neogeo metal slug emulator

Quake I modified the paths for in the scripts.

Kind regards,
Metal-Geo

The ROM should contain an .iso and some .mo3's I removed the .mps's because sound does not work yet, the extracted the .iso with winrar the zipped the .iso and renamed it neocd.zip and put it in the same directory as the emulator .gpe file.

Cheers.

Here's what I did, I have the original NeogeoCD game so I could get to the game files without any problems - I zipped them into neocd.zip and stuck them in the root of the sd card. The emulator itself with all the supporting files I also stuck in the root of the sd and it works albeit with a frameskip.

I had the emulator in a games directory before and it just wouldn't load. now it does. So some stuff just has to be in the root for it to function:

a800 emulator
frodo
neogeo metal slug emulator

Hexen I modified the path's for in the scripts.

Not so!.... I have an Emulator and a Games folder in the root the Emulator holds all emulators and Games holds all games, all works fine.

Atari emulator works in a folder except for key mapping so thats the only one in the root.

The Rom for metal slug is about 50mb

you are not supposed to zip the iso, but only the FILES on the cd.
So
Mount your iso/extract it with winrar/other prog.
Select all files on it, Zip them.
Name it ngcd.zip.
Place it where you did place the ngcd emu.
I wont say its fs6, looks pretty smooth to me, maybe fs3.
But without sound its only half the fun, however for such a early release its damn impressive.

Oh and i have all my stuff sorted, like /games /emu/ /movies /mp3, works without problems.

Still can't get Metal Slug to work!
I've read all the tutorials, what am I doing wrong? I've got all the files in all the right places, and all that happens is the screen goes black for a bit, then white, and I get a lo-fi version of the menu screen. Then it goes back to normal.
Is there something I'm doing worng with the libs? I launched the installer from the utility menu, it went black for about a second then went back the main screen. Is this supposed to happen?

I don't know what this is about the whole putting the game in neocd.zip I have my emu folder Called NeoGeoCD and in there i have a roms dir where i place all my game files. each game i have in their own zip file eample: Metal_Slug.zip, Metal_Slug2.zip etc..

I also keep things clean at the root

the root of the 1gb SD card looks like so:

games
music
utitlities
videos
skins

i keep everything in their own dirs. Its clean and easy to keep organized.

gremrod posted on Dec 17 2005 at 10:05 AM said:
I don't know what this is about the whole putting the game in neocd.zip

the very first version only loaded Metal Slug 1 and it had to be called Neocd.zip.

Back