How to reset / erase Pandora to first use?

K

kgcs10

Is there a quick way to reset to factory setting?

Delete all settings, users, etc.

any way to have the Pandora go to first use?

Yes, there is. It's referred to as reflashing, and the instructions are available here.

Last edited by a moderator:
The link above no longer works... Would you be willing to supply a new one, or give a brief explanation how?

I wonder if there a way to map the R Shulder Button you use at power on to come to the Boot Menue to the L Shoulder Button ?
On my Pandora, this button got an aciedent, and broke, ..

There is a Way to reflash without R Button.

EvilDragon wrote:
3. Booting the recovery SD Card

a) Put the recovery card into the left SD Card slot.
b) Press and hold both the Pandora-Button (the button with the Pandora logo on it) and the START-Button on your Pandora at the same time and keep them pressed.
c) Flick the power switch to the right (switching the unit off)
d) After about 2 - 3 seconds, it should come back to life and start booting. You can let go of the Pandora- and START button now. It will boot into a testing / recovery menu.

4. The testing and recovery menu

The SD Card offers various options and tests.
If you just want to reflash the OS, simply choose "0" and press ENTER. It will then reflash the bootloader and OS and your Pandora should boot properly again after it's done.

Ah ok, so this means my Pandora is at least flashable even if i lost this shoulderbutton ^^ thanks alot ^^

Altthough my Plan is to Emigrate everything straight to the Pyra, even the Nintendo Wrist Strap and put my Pandora on the Shelf when i got the Pyra...

The method above requires the special recovery card, and in my experience it's very tricky to get right.

If the bootloader in your NAND is intact, you can just use a normal reflash card and rename boot.txt to autoboot.txt . Then you don't need to press any buttons at power on.

Back