reset back to factory defaults?

Reflash the firmware using the procedure at the bottom of Firmware page (i.e. the section "Complete firmware image") This will erase all settings and customizations except what's on your SD card!

If you're trying to investigate an issue you think may be related to corrupt user settings, I've been able to try things by creating a different user, logging out and using that user account. If that solves the issue, then you can go from there, delete the old user profile, or just the settings files).

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to reanimate a dead topic but I'm having a time getting this to work.

Using these instructions and links from here I get to the boot menu, select from SD1:1, it writes a a few lines of text, it says starting kernel and then fades and all I get is a blank screen forever. Please advise.

Ugh I knew it had to be something simple, I'm such a noob.

I really appreciate your help. I was googling like crazy but my search terms never got me to that. Thanks.

I have a freshly formatted Fat32 2GB card, and unpackaged ED's 1.71 image to the SD card's root. Verified all the files are there, and when I go into the Bootloader, I don't get the option to boot to SD. Does anyone have any idea what's going on? I can see all the other options, all I get are:

default boot

power off

Boot older 2.6.27 kernel (OMAP-only)

Boot in CLI mode (kernel 3.2)

Boot with RAM cut for DSP (2.6.27) (OMAP-only)

USB Serial Prompt

serial prompt

And that's it. I have a 2GB SD card in Slot 1 with the image unzipped and all files accounted for in the SD's root. I've tried it on multiple SD cards too. Taken the card out and reinserted several times, swapped slots, powered off and back on, and it will not give me the option to boot to SD.

Seems like you followed the instructions exactly.. 

The only thing I can think of is when you unzipped everything to the SD card you didn't allow for it to write fully to the SD card. Depending on the the Card, write speeds can be horrendously slow. Try unzipping the data files again, allow a full minute after extraction is done. If you are using Linux, run sync and wait for it to finish before ejecting. If Windows, then use the safely remove feature.

EDIT: fixed some typos.

Last edited by a moderator:
Weird, I think I figured it out. I had to go back and completely repartition my card and make sure it had absolutely no empty space in front of the primary partition. For some reason, trying to repartition the card kept adding a single 1MB unpartitioned space at the front of the card. Couldn't get it to partition at all in Gparted, but using Easus Partition Manager I was able to force it to use all the space starting at the front of the card and not the back.

As extra steps, did that, waited a minute and did a safe remove from Windows (Usually I do that anyway)

And like magic, there it goes. Very strange indeed. Thanks for the help!

Back