How To Report Bugs?

adrifter

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I'm new to the scene ( i had a gp32 though) and truly truly expect nothing from anyone. But as we all play, im sure we notice problems-- since i am not that connected to this forum, i enjoy my gp2x alot, and have to work, i am not sure how to let someone know of problem etc i stumble across without looking like a d**k. I dont care if the problem ever gets fixed, but i figure this is one way I can actually contribute something to this community..

thanks, and thanks for all your other help too...

d

adrifter posted on Sep 10 2006 at 08:43 AM said:
I'm new to the scene ( i had a gp32 though) and truly truly expect nothing from anyone. But as we all play, im sure we notice problems-- since i am not that connected to this forum, i enjoy my gp2x alot, and have to work, i am not sure how to let someone know of problem etc i stumble across without looking like a d**k. I dont care if the problem ever gets fixed, but i figure this is one way I can actually contribute something to this community..

d
If there is a thread about the program you want to report a bug about, use that thread instead of starting a new one.

Be polite and as specific as possible about the problem you'd like to report.

Optional but nice: Thank the program author for donating their evenings to producing the program you like enough to care if it has a bug.

Good bug report:
Hi! Thanks for making the Goober Blax, I really like it! One thing I noticed: when you try to start the Blaggle by pressing START on the Options menu, it hangs the program. I'm using firmware 2.0.0 on a MkII gp2x and I use GMenu2x to launch the program.
Bad bug report:
Hey dumbass! Are you ever going to fix the Blaggle problem!!!!??? Hello!??

Last edited by a moderator:
Dzz posted on Sep 10 2006 at 02:55 PM said:
adrifter posted on Sep 10 2006 at 08:43 AM said:

d
If there is a thread about the program you want to report a bug about, use that thread instead of starting a new one.

Be polite and as specific as possible about the problem you'd like to report.

Optional but nice: Thank the program author for donating their evenings to producing the program you like enough to care if it has a bug.

i will try-- and thanks... on that note-- thanks for Vektar, that game is so cool. The demo that came with my gp2x alone convinced my buddy at work to buy one and the game. thanks a lot

Just in case any developers are interested.. you can sign up for googles light weight hosting here!

It's like Sourceforge except it's been put together to host small opensource projects.
There's no file downloads for your project, but it does include a bug tracker, subversion hosting of the source code & a simple project lead page.

As the files will be hosted on gp32x.de anyway, I can't see how the lack of file hosting will be a problem & as far as I can tell the service is free.
Not too sure what licenses the projects can be released under though, so that might be one thing to be wary of.

Could be worth a look for the bugtracking alone :)

Back