How To Play Gnome Videos with TV-Out

GeBeCluck23

Okay so, I tried playing a video on my Pandora, (.mp4) and it worked perfectly fine. Then I used TV-Out, because I wanted to watch it on the big screen. But when I did, there wasn't a picture on the TV or the Pandora! All there was was sound. So I switched over to HW mode of the TV-Out m, still nothing. Even after I disabled TV-Out, there was STILL no sound on the Pandora. So I tried again, after verifying that videos were working, I hooked up the TV-Out, and this time tried the HW mode first, and then the Main Layer. Still nothing, and sure enough, videos don't work even after I disable TV-Out. It requires a full reset. I tried this process a few more times, still with no results, and that's why I'm here now. Oh, and I forgot to mention, each attempt I tried a few different videos, just to make sure it wasn't just one.

Never heard of gnome videos before, but if you mean "Gnome Mplayer" which is just the name of the video player then I know that has some bugs with playing videos with the TV out, gnome mplayer was bundled with the codec pack long ago and hasn't been kept up to date.. Your best bet is not to use it..  I use smplayer2 off of the repo which works fine with the TV out in HW Scaler mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Yeah, sorry about the poor wording, that is what I meant... I tried Smplayer2 like you said, and it worked great; thanks! :D

Never heard of gnome videos before, but if you mean "Gnome Mplayer" which is just the name of the video player then I know that has some bugs with playing videos with the TV out, gnome mplayer was bundled with the codec pack long ago and hasn't been kept up to date.. Your best bet is not to use it..  I use smplayer2 off of the repo which works fine with the TV out in HW Scaler mode.
Interesting. I'll try that. I'm personally having the same basic problem with VLC in all the NTSC modes I've tried.

Back