Website
Visit site
Today i found a SMC file on my pc.
I used it, because i wanted to load something
with the gp32 pc emulator.

Now i want to unpack it again.
But how can i do that?
which program do i need ? :huh:

Why does everyone freak out when talking about smc files? Those does not have to be warez...

@Zorn: Sorry can`t help, I don`t know.

They don't have to be warez, but they mainly are warez. Anyone who creates SMC files for the GeePee32 emulator is going to have the original files anyway, and if they don't, then there's projects pretty much doomed anyway.

Why is there EVERYWEEK someone asking how to use Warez .SMC files gotten from the internet on their Geepee32 or real Gp32 ...

Cant they just read the various threads , which all lead nowhere ...

Plus ,extracting those warez files won't make them work anyway, so no use .

Like you have only legal software on your hd :D I know not one single person who could throw the first stone :D

Qingdan posted on May 11 2005 at 08:53 AM said:
Plus ,extracting those warez files won't make them work anyway, so no use .
Vimacs posted on May 11 2005 at 09:11 AM said:
the thing is the typical warez user is simply to stupid to read/search :)

Wow, you guys seems to be real Warez freaks. :lol:
Where do you know that "warez" files are smc files
and why do you know how to extract them?
I didn't know that. -_-
so i don't know why you call me a warez downloader!
freaky guys ...<_<

Last edited by a moderator:
Zorn posted on May 11 2005 at 02:36 PM said:
lol at why does the guys from this forum always freak out
when mention something abouts mc files :p
here again an example : http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?act=P...ter&f=2&t=14690
(really funny to read this thread)

Ok, but now i know that it could be a warez file
and i think my question was answered... :rolleyes:

That's the point we were making ... This has been discussed soooooooooooo many times ... And yes there are .SMC files which are basically images/roms of GP32 commercial games and No they don't work fine so it's really useless . BTW in most forums Hack/Crack/Warez issues are banned from discussion anyway ...

Plus if you like some of the GP32 commercial titles best is still to buy them from Gamepark website (wonder if Entware still exist)

I think Pinball Dreams for instance really worth the 7 or so Euros ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Vimacs posted on May 11 2005 at 10:20 AM said:
if you generate smc's for a legit purpose you likely also know how to extract them again.
warez bitch :)

Nope, you don't.
I use GeePee to create the screenshots for my archive and use MakeSMC to create them.
I have no idea how to unpack them (well, never cared about that anyways ;))

But, yes, if you created your own SMC, you HAVE the original files.
And if not, you can most likely download them again somewhere (unless you put your Original Games into an SMC archive and delete it afterwards... and GeePee wouldn't run the encrypted games that easy, so there is no point doign this...)

Last edited:
Qingdan > Do I have I to repeat that extracting files from .smc files works great or is it piracy?! :)

For the last time (think before flaming), it's like a CD writer : you can use it legally or illegally.

So please close the topic after that : the link of gpdev (that's the name of this utility) is here (and seems to be legal as GP32spain distributes it) : http://www.gp32spain.com/archivos.php?tipo...alles&numero=30

Back