How To Install Games And Play Them

tanchi12

Still Fresh
Okay, after 8hours trying to make my pc recognise the gp32 blu, I finally done. But now, I lost? I downloaded the game doom but it doesn't work.

I haven't downloaded any emulators or anything. I'm very new to this kind of thing, can anyone give me a step by step guide to installing and making the games work on my GP32 BLU?

I have read the FAQ section but thats no help to me which is why I am left with no choice but to post.

Read the manual that came with the download and put files into the correct folders as described in the manual. I remeber having a few attempts at getting doom to work at first, as I say follow the instructions in the read.me

here you go:
Put GPdoom.fxe into your GPMM dir.

Then:
Put your wad files into GP:/GAME/DOOM (Create the DIR GAME, then DOOM, then put the .WAD files in that DIR), these are NOT included, you will need to download them seprately, the shareware wad is free and can be found all over the web (doom1.wad)

Games supported are:
Doom shareware (doom1.wad)
Doom commercial/registered/ultimate (doom.wad)
Doom II (doom2.wad)

.fxe in gpmm folder
create folder game>doom>*.wad

simple.

I don't just mean doom game but games in general. Do i just drag and drop into the games folder in gp manager? because thats what i've been doing and i can't get a single game to work.

also, when you download roms, where do you put them in gp manager? are you suppose to put it in some kinda file with the game so that it ensures that the gp32 can run the games?

I'm competely new and would apreciate it very much if someone can tell me how I install games in general to play later.

When it comes to playing games on the GP32 you mostly use emulators. You start the emulator and it shows you a list of the games (ROM images of your original games <_< ) you stored in a folder as descriped in the README.TXT provided with the emulator. Thats it. If you can't set this up, the GP32 is probably the wrong kind of device for you.

u put the roms in folders
NES-Nintendo Roms
SNES-SNES Roms
Genesis-Megadrive Roms
GB-gameboy and gameboy color Roms
SMS-Sega Master System and Game Gear Roms
SNES-Super Nintendo Roms
gpengine-PC-Engine
NEOGP32-Neo Geo Pocket and Neo Geo Pocket Color
All other games go into GPMM folder on ure gp32 and so do these rom folders and the rom programs gp32_console :D

Back