How to Ensure Internet Links Call Open Firefox ?

ekianjo

Hardcore Member
Just a question - how to make sure that, when an application asks to open a website (for example when you go in "about" and the about redirects to the web page of the application), Angstrom will use Firefox (or any other browser I would like it to use) to open it ? Anyone ever did that?

you have to set the default browser as firefox for that to work, this can be done but it includes using pnd_run or something similar when u call the default browser/point to it

Step 1: put in <sdcard>/appdata/hdonk_firefox_001/ and rename it to firefox.sh (uploader wouldn't let me upload .sh files, shame)

Step 2: Open terminal and get type su.

Step 3: copy in /usr/bin and rename it to firefox.

Step 4: run chmod 0755 /usr/bin/firefox as root

Step 5: Point start menu->Settings->Desktop->Preferred Applications->Web Browser->Other to your /usr/bin/firefox script

Attachments

• firefox.txt
    141 bytes · Views: 124
  • firefox2.txt
    116 bytes · Views: 118
Last edited by a moderator:
Step 1: put in <sdcard>/appdata/hdonk_firefox_001/ and rename it to firefox.sh (uploader wouldn't let me upload .sh files, shame)

Step 2: Open terminal and get type su.

Step 3: copy in /usr/bin and rename it to firefox.

Step 4: run chmod 0755 /usr/bin/firefox as root

Step 5: Point start menu->Settings->Desktop->Preferred Applications->Web Browser->Other to your /usr/bin/firefox script

Thanks, I will try !

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be more userfriendly if the good old and common browser intern "make this the Default Browser" check works onto the Pandora. ;)

It will not work like that as long as we use PNDs :)
There is always a solution. The scripts that apersonthinks posted could be included in the OS, not only for Firefox but for all common browsers. A Dialouge shows them and you could select your default browser, if the PND is installed. :)

These rough edges should be on the todo list if they are not already - also filetype association. They give a non-userfriendly impression of the Pandora.
Yes, it's one of the many things that can be improved for more Userfriendliness ^^. Stuff like that should be noticed while making Pandora 2 and it's OS.

Back