How Much Puzzle Style Games Can Be Played With The Stylus ...

renejr902

Website
Visit site
how much puzzle style games can be played with the stylus on the gp2x...
including homebrew, including included game in the f200 and commercial game

thanks for answer

maybe i will buy one in the waiting for the pandora. :)

( sorry for my bad english )

STPPC2x has 26 puzzle games, most of which work fine with the stylus. However, I'm looking for testers to resolve the remaining issues with the F-200 touchscreen on certain games from the collection - I've had precisely one person tell me it didn't work on F-200 out of nearly a thousand downloads. And they are currently testing the next version for me at the moment to check it works with the stylus properly.

I don't know if the remake of the "Untangle" game from the same collection, that somebody re-made but in a flashier way, was F-200 compatible but the gameplay certainly lends itself well to the use of a stylus.

3 questions ( now i know some homebrew use the stylus)

1. is there any commerial games that use the stylus ?

2. Is there any included games that come with the gp2x that use the stylus ?

3. is some of these games use the stylus to play:
blocked, phishy, wind and water, flobopuyo, znax, sudoku2x, 3RD Block, Samegame
I REALLY HOPE SOME OF THESE GAMES USE THE STYLUS ! can you say which one use it ?

THANKS A LOT

Just a tip man, don't double post. It's not going to help anyone see it.

1. is there any commerial games that use the stylus ?
I only know one commercial game that has (basic) touchscreen support, "Eggstreme - Sizzler Supremacy".

I think ruckage is also working on a commercial version of "Space Varments".

2. Is there any included games that come with the gp2x that use the stylus ?
The built-in games that come with the F-200 do not support touchscreen; same goes with the games that are included in the CD. Almost all of them are just the homebrew games freely available (and possibly outdated) prior to the release of the F-200, so no touchscreen support. It's ironic in a way.

3. is some of these games use the stylus to play:
blocked, phishy, wind and water, flobopuyo, znax, sudoku2x, 3RD Block, Samegame

None of those support touchscreen (although I'm not sure about 3RD Block & Samegame as I can't find them)... although, Phishy had a test version that supported touchscreen.

Last edited by a moderator:
well, you never know what might happen. I am sure some of the devs are considering to update their games to support the touchscreen at some point but lots of them don't posses an F200! Most of the games were made with the F100 in mind which did not have a touchscreen, so it's really a demand issue. If a lot of people want to have the games updated, someone might show up doing just that. That's what opensource is all about now, isn't it? I bet you will have fun with the games even without the touchscreen though. ScummVM now supports the touchscreen and it's almost worth getting an F200 just for that. If you are into puzzle games, you'll probably like adventures such as monkey island and sam & max aswell.

It seems that 3rd BLOCK and SameGame are packed together with Blood Cross. Judging from the screenshots available, they seem to support touchscreen. Although from what I read, Blood Cross is only available in Korea, so these puzzle games also won't be available anywhere else. <_<

With the help of Micah Stetson (who recently posted a touchscreen sample in the archive http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,46,2609) I've been able to fully implement touchscreen support for my Reword game (http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,46,2609).

As xnopasaranx said, I too don't have a F200 so am flying blind to a degree and rely on posting a binary to someone (Micah currently) who can test it. So it takes a while to run through the edit/compile/test cycle.

I'm currently polishing it and trying to resolve a couple of other issues with sound etc. It should hopefully be ready in a week or so, but don't hold me to that.

Back