how many 1 ghz preorders are left? and who has one coming !

No46 cool, Im 57 should have mine soon i hope, did you get an email before to say it was coming??

Got one to say it was being sent out, followed by an update from PayPal.

Number 46 has arrived in my hands. Judging from the condition of the cardboard box, Post Canada and Royal Mail took good care of it.

Fuck... It's actually here. In front of me. Right now.

Congrats! Looks like it'll be two weeks shipping for me :p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Jeese! this is terrible :( hardly no packaging.. and all the bits just thrown in the velvet box :(
I mean consider the impact required to split a wooden box in half, that would have probably smashed a Pandora in a cardboard box box totally to pieces (which has happened a few times in the past).

Note: As stated at the top of my post: The Pandora (the bit I paid for) is not broken and is not getting shipped back.

To clarify: With the exception of some scuffing from components rubbing against each other (which it sounds like has been mitigated), the packaging did it's job.

Packaging boxes do their job by absorbing impact and getting destroyed in transit. Mine had gotten so much abuse that the interior wood box got it's lid knocked off and split. It still managed to protect the part I'd paid for (the Pandora), so I'm happy.

Take a new cardboard box. Wrap it up with packaging tape. Now bang it on the table until the corners all go soft and get rounded out. I've yet to figure out how one box can get all four corners mashed like that by accident - it takes too many distinct impacts to do it. You can't get there by sheer crushing - that would split out the sides of the box. It pretty well has to be hundreds of mid-force smacks. I suspect this happens when something gets caught in a loop on a sorting machine. It's still a neat, but unwanted, trick.

Re-clarify: My Pandora made it fine sans some scuffs on the battery door. The packaging, including the wooden box, did it's job and took the abuse.

By standard air mail. it took nine days. Not too shabby.

I had a bunch of WiFi disconnects initially, so updated the firmware. Since doing that, I've had one disconnect, but it's been connected for about 40 minutes now with no problem. Touch wood, the new firmware sorted that. Everything else seems to be solid. The firmware update gave a brief glimpse of the thought that went into organizing the boot management.

(Haha, just as I was typing this it disconnected. I shall investigate the router configuration further.)

I've chosen the full desktop. It's great. This truly is a special thing to hold in the hands. One could not expect the controls to be better. The keyboard is indeed usable. I typed quickly on it so the typing force I used would be inconsistent, and didn't end up with any typos. Champion.

Just going to investigate how to set up the file structure on the SD cards and get Firefox installed. I'm using two SanDisk Ultra 32GB SDHC class 6, Pandora seems very happy with them.

Wow, after 3 1/2 years, here it is. It was so fucking worth the wait, and I haven't even put stuff on it yet.

Heeeere's Loonie.

Posting from a Pandora 1G with Firefox 13. Still getting some wifi droppages, I've changed the router channel to see if it's happier. It may just be the signal isn't very strong in the kitchen.

Oh wow. I need to install temper. Then start trying to port my SDL test stuff.

Oh happy day.

Still not email! gosh its killing me now the wait, is No 50 the most recent for the 1 Ghz? im No 57.... must be soon .......

I think you're literally the next one to ship.

Ah, so then, I was the last one to ship today ;-)

Queue position #54, and I ordered three of 'em. (Giving two out as gifts.)

I'm in the US, so they won't get here until Wednesday.

Lucky you, Larry......

I'm #55......

:(

I am in the US also and #80 in the que. I have not heard a thing as yet, but I am hoping to. Saw the French video. Looks impressive. Now I want mine even more.

Just to update, Ive heard nothing too, No 57 still waiting .... shouldnt be long I hope! Any further updates anyone?? Soon as I know anything at all I will post here!

Just to update, Ive heard nothing too, No 57 still waiting .... shouldnt be long I hope! Any further updates anyone?? Soon as I know anything at all I will post here!

Me neither.....and I'm right ahead of you, buddy, number 55.....

;)

This whole queue system confuses me... I mean originally you could buy pandoras directly from craig? But now you click buy and it goes to dragonbox shop... Does it then go to craig if you're in the UK?

From looks of it, everyone based in UK is craig but I don't recall ordering from him. I was given #70 from Jacquelyn, but is that #70 in overall queue or just 70 in what I assume is craig's queue? (so im either half way through the 150 or roughly at the end of them depending on which).

Meh, just want it lol.

This whole queue system confuses me... I mean originally you could buy pandoras directly from craig? But now you click buy and it goes to dragonbox shop... Does it then go to craig if you're in the UK?

From looks of it, everyone based in UK is craig but I don't recall ordering from him. I was given #70 from Jacquelyn, but is that #70 in overall queue or just 70 in what I assume is craig's queue? (so im either half way through the 150 or roughly at the end of them depending on which).

Meh, just want it lol.

I -think- that the queue numbers Jacquelyn gives out are just for being in Craig's queue.

I was #36 in Craig's queue and got wooden box #67 - which is about right if the production numbers are being split equally between Craig and ED's respective shops.

Your order number may be #70 in Craig's queue, but you could be closer to 140ish out of 180-250ish units sold if both shops are counted.

Of course, I have no concrete info/data on any of it.

My number #70 order just shipped from Craig, I am of course trying to stop it since I ordered a second one off Dragonbox, but wanted you all to know in case you're still waiting.

My number #70 order just shipped from Craig, I am of course trying to stop it since I ordered a second one off Dragonbox, but wanted you all to know in case you're still waiting.

Well then, these are moving along quickly! #67 in another thread reported in and now you tell me your #70 and it is being shipped. This gives me great joy and hope that mine at #81 will be shipping out to me soon! :D Thanks for the update!

My #79 unit can be scratched from the list since I cross-updated, so that brings you down an extra slot mate. :)

Hmmm, still waiting on an email from Jacquelyn so I can return my current unit ..

My #79 unit can be scratched from the list since I cross-updated, so that brings you down an extra slot mate. :)

It would seem so! Got my shipping email here and a tracking code. #81 is out for shipping!

Hold in there people! It seems like we might be back on track.

Back